We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good coffee near Embassy Suites

Melbourne
Level Contributor
385 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Good coffee near Embassy Suites

Coffee at Embassy Suites at breakfast was very ordinary. Coming from Melbourne, we are 'coffee snobs'. Where can I get a decent espresso and a decent cappuccino, that is not served in a mug?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good coffee near Embassy Suites

Honestly great espresso is hard to find compared to Australia! I have to say it is the only "downside" of Hawaii which amazes us considering they grow wonderful coffee beans in Hawaii. The closest to Australian coffee is across the road on Beachwalk near Giovanni Pastrami - cant remember the name of the shop but it is always packed. Other then that there is always the (BLURGH!) ubiquitous Starbucks.....

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good coffee near Embassy Suites

The place we always visit is Island Vintage Coffee in the Royal Hawaiian mall. http://www.islandvintagecoffee.com/

My personal taste runs to either traditional coffee (in your hated mug) or over the top flavored drinks. I have enjoyed both of those extremes at Island Vintage. I can't speak for their more traditional espresso drinks, but reviews are very good.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,070 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good coffee near Embassy Suites

Honolulu Coffee in the Moana Surfrider Hotel (outside by the rocking chairs). A first choice of many ... and a great place to hang out and watch people.

The coffee place hqs (above) referred to is The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. I've never had coffee there, but have dropped in for many a Bubbie.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good coffee near Embassy Suites

BLBL - yep the one at Moana Surfrider is nice too. We always stop in on our walk up to pay our respects to Duke. Anything has got to be better then the over sweetened "pretend" coffees.

Bendigo
Level Contributor
901 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good coffee near Embassy Suites

My vote is also for the Honolulu Coffee - get your coffee, sit on the rockers, watch the world go by, all the Japanese brides and grooms, and enjoy the break.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good coffee near Embassy Suites

<Honolulu Coffee in the Moana Surfrider Hotel (outside by the rocking chairs). A first choice of many ... and a great place to hang out and watch people. >

That is my preference also-coffee and Blue Berry muffin

/scone at the coffee shop is a (almost) daily routine on ourannual trips to Waikiki beach.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
383 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good coffee near Embassy Suites

In Waikiki, the Honolulu Coffee as mentioned is probably the best. I don't know what beans they use for their espresso style so I cannot comment. The one we enjoyed was the French press because it uses 100% Kona beans, but keep in mind that it is 24 oz of coffee.

However if you think that you know coffee, try and make it out to Beach Bum Cafe. You will be humbled and more importantly you will learn much there, as I did. There is a big world of coffee outside espresso, so don't pass on the different ways of enjoying it. Try and have their "mug coffee" without milk or sugar - as true coffee should be enjoyed.

8. Re: Good coffee near Embassy Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 06:16