We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to park in Waikiki, while staying at the Ilikai Condos

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Topic
Where to park in Waikiki, while staying at the Ilikai Condos

I am renting a car for our entire trip and I would like to know if anyone has any tips about where to park around Ilikai condos(right next to Hilton Hawaii Village). This is my second trip to Waikiki and I rented a car for 3 days while I stayed at the Outrigger Reef On The Beach, on the other side of the Hilton and there was a valet service at the hotel. I would like to save some money on parking if anyone has any tips that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
24,795 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to park in Waikiki, while staying at the Ilikai Condos

Aloha,

Oceanside of the Ilikai in a pay as you park lot.

You pay by the hours needed with no in and out service.

If you parked there for 24 hrs it could be like $20.

Have a great time,

Aloha

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to park in Waikiki, while staying at the Ilikai Condos

HI Jet83,

Thank you for the fast reply. That is definitely cheaper than I was expecting. I will definitely be taking your advice if no one has any cheaper options.

Thanks,

Mark

Texas
Level Contributor
816 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to park in Waikiki, while staying at the Ilikai Condos

I think if you put "parking Waikiki" in the search engine for the forums, and sort by "date" not relevance, you would get some other tips. I recall reading posts a few months ago about the subject, and there were a couple of places that allowed in and out, but they may involve a bit of a walk on your part. . .

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k653142…

Here is one link.

Edited: 05 June 2013, 23:45
Brockville, Canada
Level Contributor
640 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to park in Waikiki, while staying at the Ilikai Condos

A number of the spots along the road by the HHV lagoon and out towards the ocean are free during the day, but I think there is a time limit (can't recall exactly) and no parking after I think 11:00pm.

There are also a number of pay-by- the-hour spots as well.

There is also parking in the garage behind the Red Lobster which has a parking attendant and occasional security walk-throughs. They had a deal of $7 for 10 hours or $20 for the day (24hrs).

We would go out for the day and then park in the free or hourly spots until around 10pm (when we'd get back from dinner) and then park in the Red Lobster lot until 7:30am when we headed out for the day.

Yeah it was a bit of shuffling, but we were on holidays and didn't really care.

Saved us about 10-15/day vs the Ilikai which adds up over 15 days...

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to park in Waikiki, while staying at the Ilikai Condos

Hi RickyH1,

Thank you for the heads up. I will be there for 8 days so I think I will use your advice to use the free parking during the day and pay for overnight. Thank you so much for the info as you just saved me $100+ .

Thanks,

Mark

6. Re: Where to park in Waikiki, while staying at the Ilikai Condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 06:17