We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to buy fish

Hillside, NJ
6 posts
Save Topic
Best place to buy fish

Hi there, can I have some recs please on the best places to buy fish? We are planning on grilling a lot of our dinners, and would like to buy fish for it. We will be staying in waimanalo but traveling all over the place so I'm open to a variety of recs.

thanks in advance!

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to buy fish

We always like to go to Tamashiro Market because the fish is impeccably fresh and because they also have good fruits and vegetables. And a great selection of poke!

If in a hurry, Foodland is very reliable. And Whole Foods has good stuff, but it's more expensive.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,445 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to buy fish

Tamashiro is probably the best, but Safeway, Foodland, Whole Foods in Kailua and Costco have nice fish as well.

Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,856 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to buy fish

Shima's in Waimanalo carries hamachi collar. not local or fresh but a winner on the bbq. they also have some fresh fish poke and sashimi. a good store owned by Times.

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to buy fish

Great advice,, that's what I'd suggest also. (having a craving just thinking about it! Lol.)

Enjoy! :)

Hillside, NJ
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to buy fish

Thanks everyone so much! We fly out Sunday morning! In final push to get kids settled and pack. So excited!

6. Re: Best place to buy fish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 05:17