We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waikiki Banyan question

Boston
Level Contributor
272 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Waikiki Banyan question

I rented a 1 bedroom suite at the Waikiki Banyan in February and I'm wondering if a one bedroom would sleep 4 adults comfortably or if we would be cramped. I know there is a pull out couch and separate bedroom but I know sometimes they can be small for 4. Any info would be great thanks!

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,845 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waikiki Banyan question

I think it would be cramped. But only you can determine if it's worth the savings.

The Banyan does not appear to have two brm units, but its sister property Waikiki Sunset does. I suggest taking a look at what you'd have to pay for one of them

vrbo.com

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
755 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waikiki Banyan question

I found them roomy, but again, if you plan on spending a lot of time in the unit, you might find it small. Have you looked at some of the units on vrbo.com . The pictures may give you a better idea, even if yours isn't shown the rooms would look pretty much the same.

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waikiki Banyan question

I would not want to spend any nights on a pull out couch myself. Not a fan. :)

Boston
Level Contributor
272 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waikiki Banyan question

Yes I did see pictures of the unit but it's hard to determine the size. I think it would be better to go with separate rooms. Just wanted to see if anyone had done this and what their experience was. They all say the one bedroom units sleep four but are not necessarily roomy enough for four. Thanks!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,890 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Waikiki Banyan question

Way too small for four adults...

And no real privacy for two couples.

I'd go with separate units,

Or look across street at Waikiki Sunset, where the units are of residential size and quality,

True one bedroom units that can handle four adults.

As long as one couple can handle a sofa bed.

6. Re: Waikiki Banyan question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 06:20