We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recall "Is it safe for 3 18 yr olds to stay in Waikiki"?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Recall "Is it safe for 3 18 yr olds to stay in Waikiki"?

To those who have answered this question 4 months ago, I am happy to say that my daughter and her friends have returned safely with truly great memories. Besides encountering some homeless men who have followed them, apparently, they felt totally safe.

Although we've kept in contact 24/7 throughout the whole trip I did feel more at ease after the 3rd day and needless to say that the duration of our calls gradually went from a burden of questions to "How are you girls doing? Having fun?"

I encourage giving our young graduates this kind of opportunity to cultivate independence, responsibility, self-defense, and instill that instinct of making the right choices.

Many thanks again for the help! =)

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,720 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recall "Is it safe for 3 18 yr olds to stay in Waikiki"?

Thanks for the update.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,353 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recall "Is it safe for 3 18 yr olds to stay in Waikiki"?

Glad they are having a good time...where are they staying?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,432 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recall "Is it safe for 3 18 yr olds to stay in Waikiki"?

Paulinebelle, so glad they had a great time. I knew they would. It's hard, I know to let go but looks like you did a good job raising your daughter. Glad they are home safe and sound and with wonderful stories to share, I'm sure!!

4. Re: Recall "Is it safe for 3 18 yr olds to stay in Waikiki"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 06:19