We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report

Hartford...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip report

My husband and I are staying on the North Shore for a bit. If you are interested, I'm blogging about it, day by day. Here is the link:

http://hikergalinhawaii.wordpress.com/

Enjoy,

Ann

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
42,991 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report

Wow, wonderful start to what looks like a great month on the north shore. I was up there on Sunday and I think it was one of the most gorgeous day's I've ever spent on Oahu!!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report

Thank you, so far it has been a great trip. Today we headed over to the West side, fun watching the surfers. Great to hear you had a wonderful day on Sunday, we came in late afternoon on Sunday and I was so tired, I could hardly see straight.

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
424 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report

A month? Thud! We are doing 2 weeks in maui in a few weeks and I feel privileged! I told my husband earlier than there are a LOT of ppl who do 3 weeks to a month in hawaii and he didn't believe me lol!!

You're off to a wonderful start!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report

Wow, I am so excited to find this at the start of your trip. Thanks so much for sharing.

I will check back each day and pretend I am on Oahu too.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,439 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report

I'm with jc! Happy, happy I was cruising the Hawaii forums and found your awesome blog! We will be on Oahu for four nights, before 18 on Maui, in 66 days. You are going to help me get to the end goal! Your travel style is our pace and I am looking forward to be more of a cook this next time around........your dinner looked perfect. Thanks for the bring along. Deb

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,269 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report

I just love photo blogs, such a great way to keep up with your travels while you are in the islands.

Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. Today we visited the west side of the island and our way home to the North Shore, stumbled upon a new coffee place, Green World Farms. Will drink the coffee tomorrow, definitely worth the stop.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report

Gorgeous photo blog!!!

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
15,468 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report

Thanks so much for sharing your blog with us. I'm especially happy to read yours as you seem to have the same travel style I prefer: lots of local shopping (especially food), fresh ingredients, and a willingness to stop and explore new places. Plus, you hike! Cannot wait to read about your adventures! (PS - I'm originally from CT, too; left 25 years ago for a more comfortable climate.)

Mahalo. Debbie

Edited: 18 July 2013, 16:59
Seattle
Level Contributor
4,566 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report

Would you please share how you went about getting that monthly rate for your rental car?

Love your blog!

Thx~~~~~~~~~~~