I am ready for some outside input into our plans because it is starting to drive me crazy.
Please look over my planned itinerary. It is only a rough first draft. We are very open to changes and suggestions. Aside from the amount of time spent on Maui and on Oahu. These flights are booked.
We are going in March 2014.
Day 1- arrive in Maui. Hire car. Check in at makena beach resort.
Day 2- road to Hana
Day 3- Spa grande. Sightsee. Old lahaini luau
* is there anywhere we could see whales without doing a tour?
* is there a shuttle service or similar to take us to and from the luau? Or will we have to get a taxi (which I assume will cost a small fortune)
DAY 4- beach in the morning. Check out and fly to Honolulu
HONOLULU- check in Holiday Inn. Sunset and firework cruise (Hawaiian nautical)
DAY 5- Farmers market. Shopping at the outlets.
DAY 6- Hanauma bay. Halona blowhole. Dukes barefoot bar for the afternoon.
DAY 7- North shore
DAY 8- Pearl harbour. National cemetery.
DAY 9- Kuaola ranch ATV tour. Visit Waimanalo, Kailua, lanikai beaches.
DAY 10- Shopping at Ala Moana
DAY 11- No plans. House without a key for dinner.
DAY 12- early morning flight home.
* we are not sure how many days to hire a car for. I was thinking day 7,8 and 9. Do you think we should have one for day 6 as well?
* Can we do the farmers market without a car?
* Does Day 9 sound like a good plan?
* should we try and fit anything extra in when we go to Hanauma bay?
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks