We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I wanted to mention Instagram

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
I wanted to mention Instagram

And I don't own it and thus it is not spam. I think Facebook does. And I don't own facebook either

Anyways, we took a trip to Disneyworld a few months ago, and my daughter just had a fantastic time sending back instagram pictures to all her friends. It was star wars weekends so she got some great shots. She must have sent 100s. SO I guess you follow people so they would pop up on their phones and they could comment or like it, she you get as many as 50-70 likes on a good pic.

Really seem to be a great way to keep in touch with those back home. It is free, and looked pretty easy to use, so you might consider finding a 16 year old to tell you how to set it up. On the other hand if you left the 16 year old at home maybe not such a good idea.

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,852 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I wanted to mention Instagram

Sounds like a great idea longboard. One of these days I'm just going to have to get one of those darn cell phones !!

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I wanted to mention Instagram

Was there life before cell phones, I am not sure. Another travel tip, don't put your cell phone in your pocket and jump in the water, seem that one a few times

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,681 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I wanted to mention Instagram

A cell phone place??? That would only put you 10 years behind...... "smart" phone is the thing now :)

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,852 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I wanted to mention Instagram

scottca - well I'm not too smart either !! I had a cell phone most of the last years that I worked and had to have it because I was on the road 99% of the time and had no office.

The day I walked out the door, they took it and I have never felt any need to replace it. If I need something smart, my wife is always there to tell me what to do.

I still am able to use the TSA special lines at the airport from when I worked, so I go through the line that doesn't check how many little liquor bottles I have in my bag, or my shoes, or make me take my computer out of the bag and put in a tote. They always tell me that I must remove my cell phone though for some stranger reason, and it takes me a couple of strange looks when I tell them "I don't have one !!" LOL

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,687 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I wanted to mention Instagram

Lol...... placebets, thanks for the major laugh on a very long Friday! Your wife would get a kick out that comment! Deb

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I wanted to mention Instagram

lol placebets. t.a. is as close as I come to 'social networking' or whatever the hell they call it. no spacebook...no nit-twit....none...nada. never will.

I hate my cell phone, too.

7. Re: I wanted to mention Instagram

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 05:18