We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costco Car Rental price drops for November

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Costco Car Rental price drops for November

In case anyone is looking for car rentals for mid November I just got a fantastic deal.

Original rental booking through DHCR for Nov 3-17 was $611 (all-in) for an intermediate SUV.

I have been checking and comparing with Costco and have just re-booked for the same dates and same vehicle, taxes and fees included for $302. Compact is down to $211 and convertible is $320.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,536 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Costco Car Rental price drops for November

Aloha,

Congrats on winning the car rental lottery.

Alexandria, VA USA
Level Contributor
587 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costco Car Rental price drops for November

They have great deals for September as well. My rate just dropped from $250 to $150 for a five-day mid size rental. Gotta love Costco!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Costco Car Rental price drops for November

Thanks! Reminded me to check if the rates came down. I play this game every year for our annual trip. Made a reservation a month ago for 11 days @ $320.00, changed it 2 weeks ago to Costco @ $280.00, today cancelled and re-booked on Costco @ $199.00. Intermediate size car. Just another one of the reasons we prefer "off" season!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costco Car Rental price drops for November

Wow......significant savings! Very nice!!! Deb

Livermore...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Costco Car Rental price drops for November

Mine did too. 9 days in September started out at $452 and is now $173. It pays to keep checking!

California
Level Contributor
457 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costco Car Rental price drops for November

Thrifty direct was $160 for ten days.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
142 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costco Car Rental price drops for November

Thanks JC...saved me another $83! Checked my Costco reservation this afternoon and changed it from Budget for $270 to Alamo for $187 (10-day rental for late September). Still hoping Budget prices drop again though since they are always our first choice.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Costco Car Rental price drops for November

Glad to hear others have benefited from rental rate price drops. I have been checking ours daily now and just locked in our 4 vehicles for $284 each. Can't imagine that it could possibly go any lower but of course I will keep checking.

Hard to believe that it has gone that low, and so far in advance.

Edited: 19 August 2013, 06:34
9. Re: Costco Car Rental price drops for November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 05:18