We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri La

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Topic
Shangri La

Just letting fellow tourists know that Doris Duke's estate is closed for the month of September. I guess they do this every year. It may say this somewhere on their website, but I missed it. We are a bit disappointed, but this frees up some time for other activities.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shangri La

Thanks!

It is closed every September.

We usually post a notice on the forum., but it must have been overlooked this year.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,470 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shangri La

Thank you! I imagine that they need time "down time." I hope that you can visit again ...

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shangri La

Closed September 4-28 (Actually the entire month because they are closed every Sunday-Tuesday which is Sept 1 ,2, & 3. And Sept 29, 30 & Oct 1 which is also Sunday through Tuesday.)

From their website:

Days and hours of operation

Tours times: Wednesday-Saturday at 9am, 10:30am and 1:30pm

Closed: Sunday-Tuesday

Programs operate rain or shine unless otherwise noted.

In case of severe weather conditions: Call the Shangri La information line at 808-532-3853 and press 1.

A recording will inform visitors if tours are cancelled. If no weather-related announcement is heard, then tours have not been cancelled. In the event that your tour is cancelled, you may call the Shangri La reservations office to request a refund or reschedule your tour.

Shangri La is also closed on the following days:

Thursday, July 4

September 4-28

Thursday, November 28

Wednesday, December 25

honolulumuseum.org/4883-tours_shangri_la

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shangri La

Thanks, I figured it must be on there somewhere. I tend to miss things right in front of my face.

5. Re: Shangri La

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 05:18