We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September Events

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,036 posts
Save Topic
September Events

Okinawan Festival Kapiolani Park, August 31 and September 1

http://www.okinawanfestival.com/

Aloha Festival Events:

The Pearlridge Keiki Ho‘olaule‘a

Saturday, September 14, 2013, 10am - 3pm

2013 Waikīkī Ho‘olaule‘a (street festival)

Saturday, September 21, 2013, 7:00pm

2013 Aloha Festivals Floral Parade (From Ala Moana Park to Kapiolani Park on Kalakaua Ave)

Saturday, September 28, 2013, 9:00am

www.alohafestivals.com/pages/events/oahu.html

California
Level Contributor
477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September Events

Thanks Dusty, we will be just in time to miss all of those. Lol. Will be there 9/2 - 9/12. But I think we might have a ringside seat to spy on one of the Food Festival events at The Modern from our balcony at the Ilikai!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September Events

Thanks Dusty! We arrive the night of the Waikiki street festival. That could be fun depending on our energy level! The flight is a simple six non- stop from Anchorage. Can hardly wait to check out Oahu again! Deb

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,036 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: September Events

There are other events.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29222-c159310/Oahu:H…

Click on the links at the top of the page.

Lubbock, TX
Level Contributor
725 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September Events

Thanks, Dusty. One to add is the Sunset on the Beach / Hawaii 5-0 premier on Thursday, September 26. That will be our first night in Honolulu and we certainly will be there, as well as at the Aloha Festivals parade on Saturday the 28th.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,456 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: September Events

Ummmmm, aren't you forgetting one? (tapping foot impatiently)

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,036 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: September Events

There is an Eat the Street the last Friday of the month.

There is the Hawaii Food & Wine Festival September 1-9 (different venues each day).

http://www.hawaiifoodandwinefestival.com/

This is one of the events:

hawaiifoodandwinefestival.com/schedule/day-3…

Only $1,000 for a ticket! Other events as low as $200 per ticket.

I didn't look at all of the events food & wine events. Some are on other islands.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,036 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: September Events

scott (or anyone else), if you know of other annual events or or any one time event, you can add it to the Calendar of Events (Top Question) on the Oahu forum.

If you know of any other websites that are useful, add them to the list of websites.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29222-c159310/Oahu:H…

I listed many sites that have a calendar of events. Any more good sites?

I listed what I think are the better events for each month (ones I like). And I've asked for others to add their favorite events either annually, monthly, weekly, etc. Any more events?

While only a DE can add or edit the Top Questions, anyone can add to the Traveler Article it takes you to.

scott, if the Eat the Street event is the one you want to be guessed, others always mention it on a different thread.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,456 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: September Events

The 44th Annual Waikiki Roughwater Swim will be held on September 2, 2013 (Labor Day).

http://www.waikikiroughwaterswim.com/

It is a swim from the New Otani Sans Souci Beach to the Hilton Hawaiian Village Kahanamoku Beach.

With the addition of open water swimming to the Olympics races like Waikiki are becoming more important. Last year was won by FINA World Cup Champion Rys Maidenstone. I suspect that in the run up to Rio 2016 the WRS is going to be seeing some of the top open water swimmers in the world the next few years.

California
Level Contributor
477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: September Events

Honolulu Run or Dye 5k at Aloha Stadium Sept 2. Looks fun but we won't be there in time.

California
Level Contributor
477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: September Events

Honolulu Run or Dye 5k at Aloha Stadium Sept 2. Looks fun but we won't be there in time. www.runordye.com