We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nico's or Uncle's?

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,014 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Nico's or Uncle's?

For dinner tonight...thoughts on one or the other please.

3Chihuahuas

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nico's or Uncle's?

I haven't eaten at Uncle's but have eaten at Nico's at least twice every trip always good.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,472 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nico's or Uncle's?

Uncle's gets the nod from me.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,066 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nico's or Uncle's?

Haven't been to Nico's since they became a real restaurant. I wasn't impressed, but I would like to give them another try.

California
Level Contributor
477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nico's or Uncle's?

Had uncles 2 yrs ago cuz nicos was closed on sunday. It was yum! Take a look at the menus and see what you think looks good. They are right next to each other and dont think you can go wrong.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nico's or Uncle's?

The worst meal I've EVER eaten since I moved here was at Nico's. I wouldn't send my worst ENEMY to that place.

Sask
Level Contributor
700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nico's or Uncle's?

I wasn't too impressed with Nico's either...never tried Uncle's though. There are so many other places to eat, I probably wouldn't give it a second chance.

Edited: 23 August 2013, 07:22
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nico's or Uncle's?

Nico's. We love Nico's.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nico's or Uncle's?

While Uncle's is more of a traditional restaurant vs. Nico's being more of an "order at the counter" place, I thought the food was better at Nico's. It's the one we've gone back to several times.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,014 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nico's or Uncle's?

We ended up at Nico's mostly because of the Opah special they had on their Facebook page, but wrong day I guess, because the special was not the same.

Pupu - Fried Calamari...tiny little guys....OK

Skip had a burger & fries...said is was OK

I had the Furikake Pan Seared Ahi (medium)...pretty darn good, but I prefer fish with a sauce.

Dessert - Mango-Lilikoi Cheesecake - OK (needed more lilikoi)

Dinner was table service...no ordering at the counter and they sat us right by one of the huge screen windows...pretty cool how the screen goes up automatically.

3Chihuahuas

10. Re: Nico's or Uncle's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 06:22