We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch near the Bydo-In Temple on Sunday?

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,376 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch near the Bydo-In Temple on Sunday?

I think I have a way to kill two birds with one stone ;) Tomorrow is Sunday, go in the morning to the Bydo-In Temple (Kaneohe). Then go over to the He‘eia Pier so Skip can fish! Somewhere along here we need lunch at reasonable prices. Thinking the General Store at the pier or Zippy's William Henry? Recommendations please!

3Chihuahuas

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,453 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch near the Bydo-In Temple on Sunday?

Any Zippy's is always an OK option.

I used to always stop at M&W Drive Inn on Kam Highway in Kaneohe. But, I've read it has closed in the past year.

Koolau Center is across from Valley of the Temples.

You might try Koolau Drive-Inn (I have never stopped there, but I'm a plate lunch picnic guy!).

koolaucenter.com/index.php…

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch near the Bydo-In Temple on Sunday?

Have a great time/no recommendations//lol

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch near the Bydo-In Temple on Sunday?

Tasty Korean BBQ offers up a pretty good plate lunch. Popular with locals. Not gourmet, but well, umhh, tasty...

Lubbock, TX
Level Contributor
725 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch near the Bydo-In Temple on Sunday?

The General Store at the pier was featured on Food Channel's Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives a couple of years ago, and the report was great. Alas, the chef who was there for that episode has moved elsewhere, and recent reviews are very mixed (some rave, but about a third are horrible). Zippy's is reliable. Haleiwa Joe's (Haiku Gardens) is open for lunch on Sundays only - not cheap, but pretty good and very lovely setting.

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch near the Bydo-In Temple on Sunday?

He'eia Kea Pier General Store and Deli... you will be going there to fish anyway.

travelandleisure.com/articles/new-hawaiian-f…

Tues to Sun 9-3

https://www.facebook.com/heeiapier

Edited: 25 August 2013, 18:46
6. Re: Lunch near the Bydo-In Temple on Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 06:20