We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PCC - what time do we line up for luau

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
213 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
PCC - what time do we line up for luau

For the Polynesian culture Center, is the best plan to line up for the luau at 5pm like the website suggests? Is it seat-yourself for the meal and where should we try to sit? Is it shaded/covered?

Looks like the luau is over at 6:30 -- what do we do for the hour before the Breath of Life show starts?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PCC - what time do we line up for luau

We got to the luau 15 minutes before it began, by then there is a line to get in. They first give everyone some leis and take a quick picture. After that the hostess take us to our seats. It is under the shade and does provide a good view of the stage, but it seems people who got their 30 minutes earlier get the better seats closer to the stage. My recommendation is try to sit in the middle at the first tables, this way you get to see the fire pit and the stage.

As for the Breath of Fire, we just chatted with people we met at the dinner and luau until that show began.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,067 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: PCC - what time do we line up for luau

They seat everyone from the beginning of the line. So it is best to get there 20 minutes or so before they start seating.

But if you want to see another village or take a canoe ride and get there right before the Ali'i Luau, it would be OK.

I've always considered the Ali'i Luau as a $25 or so upgrade. The villages, canoe pageant and the evening show are what makes PCC entertaining.

3. Re: PCC - what time do we line up for luau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 05:19