We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Wing at Turtle Bay Resort

San Diego...
Level Contributor
398 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Wing at Turtle Bay Resort

Aloha,

We will be staying at the Turtle Bay Resort at the end of July. Can anyone tell me which wing is best for views? I understand that all rooms have ocean views, but I think I remember seeing a post some time ago about one wing being better than other.

Also, if anyone has knowledge that one of the wings is better/worse than the other wings, that would be much appreciated.

Mahalo,

Married on Maui 2000

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,201 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Wing at Turtle Bay Resort

Do they still have the cottages on the hotel grounds? We loved staying in one of those years ago when our DS was litttle. Has Turtle Bay been spiffed up recently? It was in need of refurbishing last time we were there, admittedly about 10 years ago.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Wing at Turtle Bay Resort

chi Sue

San Diego...
Level Contributor
398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Wing at Turtle Bay Resort

Chi Sue

Let me try that again.

The cottages are still there but from what I understand not worth the $600 per night so we went the Premium Ocean Front. I also understand, and the travel books confirm, that they recently had a resort wide renovation, so they should be good rooms now. I just wondered if any one of the three wings were better than the others.

Thanks for your input

Married on Maui

San Carlos...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Wing at Turtle Bay Resort

South wing have the best views. Try and get the top floor if you can. As far as the renovations, I did not see where the money was spent. IMNSHO TB is a tired hotel that should be ripped down. The only thing going for it is the location, fabulous. For the same amount of money, I can stay at the Fairmont Orchid on the BI and get a true first class hotel.

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
357 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Wing at Turtle Bay Resort

Hello Marrie,

My family vacationed at the Hilton Turtle Bay on the north shore. I

disagree that it is a tired run down hotel.. The lobby and grounds

are beautiful Our rooms were standard and lovely over looking the

pool. Beyond the pool was the ocean. I don't remember what wing it

was in. The lagoon was great for swimming on the other side of the

hotel. There is a small supermarket down the road where we

brought lunch items and ate on the beach.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,201 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Wing at Turtle Bay Resort

venturarose -- Are there townhomes or condos built up right near the hotel proper? I always thought we might go back there, but we are not big on staying in hotels. Probably won't ever actually do this as we now own at Maui Kamaole -- but, maybe?

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
357 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Wing at Turtle Bay Resort

Sue I think the condos are called the Kuilima Estates ??

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Wing at Turtle Bay Resort

Yes, the condos are Kuilima Estates. There is a west side and an east side to the condo complex. I think (but am not sure) that the condos on the east side may be a little bit smaller, and more likely to have a loft bedroom rather than a true second.

We'll be up there for our second time, in the same condo, in about two weeks. We're not on the beach, but the golf course view is absolutely beautiful, and getting down to the beach is a snap.

TB/the North Shore is one of our favorite areas.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,201 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Wing at Turtle Bay Resort

Thanks, venturarose and moencat! Kuilima Estates! I'm off to look them up on VRBO!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Wing at Turtle Bay Resort

Congratulations on staying on the North Shore and at Turtle Bay! You will have a blast. Waikiki pales in comparison!