We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oahu for four nights, itinerary advice and where to stay.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
65 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Oahu for four nights, itinerary advice and where to stay.

Hi folks, girlfriend and I are going to Oahu for four days in early November. She's never been, and I haven't been there in 10 years. Our interests include hiking, snorkeling, and kayaking/SUP. Any suggestions for calmest water/clearest water and amazing scenic places? I am thinking of staying in Ko Olina because I hear Waikiki is too frenetic nowadays...Advice?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,843 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oahu for four nights, itinerary advice and where to stay.

The calmest waters will be the south facing shores and certain areas of the windward side. Ko Olina is nice if you can afford it and want to drive the highways everywhere you go. Just don't leave before 8:00am or try to get back between about 3:00 - 6:00pm or you will find yourself sitting in traffic.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,011 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oahu for four nights, itinerary advice and where to stay.

You don't mention age, so it's a hard one about Ko Olina. I love the buzz of Waikiki - especially at night for enjoying Hawaiian entertainment, so that will always be where I stay. It's easy to get out to visit the rest of the island, too. We leave in the morning for excursions and often don't get back until happy hour, which is the best time to be in Waikiki, IMO.

Virginia
Level Contributor
676 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oahu for four nights, itinerary advice and where to stay.

I second the above. There are so many things to do in Oahu, that even if you stay at Waikiki you have plenty of opportunity to "get away" for excursions, etc. Waikiki has so many options for lodging, entertainment, and food--it is a great place to start your day, and return to after a day of roaming around.

I have only been there once, but I never found Waikiki as very frenetic--quite honestly it was the most relaxing vacation I have ever had (and we stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, which many refer to as busy, but I found it very comfortable and relaxing). We are returning next week, and I can't wait.

4. Re: Oahu for four nights, itinerary advice and where to stay.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 06:19