We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a quick thank you.....Oahu forum

uk
Level Contributor
31 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Just a quick thank you.....Oahu forum

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone.....DE's for their granular knowledge and ever patient replies.....regular contributors...... & committed Hawaiian vacationers.

I realised only a couple of days before we started or Hawaiian experience that I'd not actually had to make a question based post!......apologies for my shyness.

I have been following the forum daily for several months & you have great FAQ/resources etc and using search found the answers to all my questions & worries.

The forum has a great mix of knowledge, experience, common sense & understanding.......which trust me is not always repeated around the world with other forums where it seems more like a point scoring exercise!

We were totally hypnotised by our stay and look forward to visiting the other islands in the future.

Thanks again everyone......you probably all loose sight every now and again of how you make our visits that bit more special.

V66

PS.....back now in autumnal England.....& depressed.... :(

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a quick thank you.....Oahu forum

I have to agree, the Hawaii forums are truly fabulous.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could find the time to post a trip report. Not only does it help future travelers, but it's also a great way to re-live the vacation and hopefully start the planning for the next trip.

Where did you go, what did you see and do, what were your likes and dislikes? Any tips for others traveling from the UK.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
251 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just a quick thank you.....Oahu forum

I agree,the Oahu forum is wonderful. I am starting to plan my 6th trip to Oahu and have been away from this forum for a while. It's fantastic to see that all the DE's are still here, still patiently answering the 100's of questions. The advice and information so freely given on this forum is priceless and certainly makes planning a great holiday much easier. I'm always amazed that no matter what the question someone will have an answer. Love you guys !! and will be following everything with interest in the lead up to our trip in Feb, 2014. Other destination forums are NOT like this one.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,786 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just a quick thank you.....Oahu forum

Thank you very much.

All of the Hawaii island forums have DE's and other regular contributors that make the Hawaii forums special.

Perhaps a different island next time?

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,414 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just a quick thank you.....Oahu forum

Vintage - I think we all get depressed when we return home! I'd love to know what you did while visiting, what your favorite experiences, etc. Reading about others' vacations seems to ease the sadness of not being there!

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
23,623 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just a quick thank you.....Oahu forum

Aloha,

You're most welcome.

I'm glad to hear you had such a good experience on Oahu and on the forum.

Come back soon!

Aloha

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,374 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just a quick thank you.....Oahu forum

It's people like you that we love to share the islands with!! Thanks!! Would love to read a trip report if you have the time.

7. Re: Just a quick thank you.....Oahu forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 06:19