We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Creation: A Polynesian Journey closing/moving?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,780 posts
Save Topic
Creation: A Polynesian Journey closing/moving?

Copied from my granddaughter, Tau's Facebook page:

"im so sad i cant dance on the same stage mom & everyone danced on! gonna miss the tihati PK stage sooooo much. my fav!"

I am assuming Creation: A Polynesian Journey at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is (or may be) closing soon or moving to a different location.

Perhaps it has something to do with tearing down International Market Place which is right next to PK.

Creation: A Polynesian Journey has also been my personal favorite as my daughter used to perform there before she had to quit because she donated part of her liver to Tau in 2000 when Tau was three years old.

Tau's goal for years had been to dance in the show/stage that her mom was in/on.

While Tau won't be be able to do that, she may still be a Tihati dancer someday. Tihati Productions have other shows on Oahu & on the other islands.

Tau joined a Halau (hula school) a few months ago. While I was visiting a few weeks ago, I got to watch her practicing a few times (my highlight during my visit).

Tihati Productions and the Tihati performers have all been very supportive of my daughter & granddaughter from the time Tau was born and diagnosed with her her health problem at just a couple of months old, the transplant a few years later and still to this date 13 years later.

I still know many of the past & present Tihati performers on Oahu. They are the best!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
962 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Creation: A Polynesian Journey closing/moving?

I find this sad. Creations was an excellent show. The dancing was phenomenal and I told the dancers so.

My best to your daughter and her daughter. It sounds like they are thriving.

I'll look especially for Tihati Productions when I'm in Hawaii. Caring companies need to be supported.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Creation: A Polynesian Journey closing/moving?

Perhaps this is a signal that the demo on the PK will begin soon as well?

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,096 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Creation: A Polynesian Journey closing/moving?

I talked to a guy when I was there a couple of weeks ago that claimed he was an architect and he seemed to know quite a bit about some of the work to be done in Waikiki. He said that the plan was to implode the most western tower at the Princess K, although he didn't say exactly when that would be. As BLBL said, maybe this is an indication of that work is not too far off.

Dusty, hope it all works out for your granddaughter as well.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,780 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Creation: A Polynesian Journey closing/moving?

Creation is closing January 1. They are looking for a different venue for the show.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,780 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Creation: A Polynesian Journey closing/moving?

Creation: A Polynesian Journey closing at Sheraton PK, relocating to Pacific Beach Hotel.

"Iconic Waikiki Polynesian spectaculars from Tihati Production Ltd. at the Moana Hotel and the Princess Kaiulani will come to an end on Tuesday after four decades at those venues, relocating in February to the Pacific Beach Hotel."

www.staradvertiser.com/s…

I do not know if the show will retain the same name, Creation A Polynesian Journey.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
23,596 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Creation: A Polynesian Journey closing/moving?

Aloha,

Thats great news !

Hauoli Makahiki Hou

7. Re: Creation: A Polynesian Journey closing/moving?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 06:18