We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best part of the island to stay ?

new york
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Best part of the island to stay ?

I am wide open with where to stay . Please advise . My budget is $300 or less per night

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,666 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best part of the island to stay ?

What time of year? What are your interests? Will you have a rental car (highly recommend)? Are you looking for accommodations where you can walk to many restaurants and nightlife? Are you looking for a quiet, country retreat? Give us more and we can pin down locations for you.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,671 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best part of the island to stay ?

It is a wide open question and without any clarification of what you want to do it is impossible to answer.

I love Waikiki and the more urban area of Oahu in general and if I want remote and tropical I go to Kauai or Lanai, if I want big resorts I go to Hawaii and if I want to see all my friends and neighbors from California I go to Maui.

If this is your first trip and you want to see the typical tourist sites & sights I'd stay in Waikiki.

new york
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best part of the island to stay ?

Im actually trying to help out a friend. I own a place on Kauai and have been there many times however I am not very familiar with Oahu . She will have a car , she is leaving tommorow and wants a night life

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,075 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best part of the island to stay ?

Wow, she is leaving tomorrow and does not have a hotel room booked?

She wants some "night life" pretty much narrows it down to Waikiki area to me. Suggest the Royal Hawaiian, Moana or Outrigger Waikiki if they have rooms available at this time. Probably going to be difficult to get in for under $300 a night though.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,666 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best part of the island to stay ?

You should have your friend sign up for TripAdvisor. With so many questions, the person who needs the info should be reading and responding. At this point, and for what she'd like to do, she should focus on Waikiki and get a room pronto!

6. Re: Best part of the island to stay ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 05:17