We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oahu with a broken arm?

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Topic
Oahu with a broken arm?

I have a trip to Oahu coming up next week with my wife. Plans included Pearl Harbor, Scuba, kayaking, hiking, the surf competition on the north shore (watching of course), and probably a luau at PCC because I've never done a luau and it seems appropriate. However, I broke my arm a few weeks ago and am not sure if the cast will be off in time. We're staying near Kaneohe, but now I'm looking for a couple new ideas in case I have to avoid the water. Any suggestions?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oahu with a broken arm?

Look at Kualoa Ranch! Lots of activities, and not all of them require two hands! Also, Waimea Valley. http://www.waimeavalley.net/

Botanical gardens? Great museums in Honolulu!

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,075 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oahu with a broken arm?

Take a catamaran cruise. It only takes one hand to drink a mai-tai !!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oahu with a broken arm?

And when you get off, you don't need the ladder, just jump!

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
16,322 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oahu with a broken arm?

The botanical gardens will be good for you because they tend to have well maintained walkways. You sure don't want a rugged hike!

Spend a day doing a driving tour with lots and lots of stops.

Do a walking tour of downtown Honolulu, include Chinatown and the Honolulu Museum of Art

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,380 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Oahu with a broken arm?

Read the Top Questions on the right side of the page. Driving tours, maps, websites etc.

You'll find a lot of things to do.

There are Top Questions for Diamond Head, National Cemetery, Chinatown, Pearl Harbor museums, North Shore, Farmers Markets.

There is a Waikiki Holiday Parade on Friday, November 29 at 7pm on Kalakaua Ave.

6. Re: Oahu with a broken arm?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 05:17