We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful people on TA forums

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,152 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful people on TA forums

The turkey is in the oven, the dressing is ready to go in, and the pies are all baked !

I'm really tired of having to give my wife advice on how to cook all this stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,385 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful people on TA forums

Happy thanksgiving to you, Placebets, and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone reading this.

Two years ago on Thanksgiving 2011 we celebrated our very first Thanksgiving ever at the Straub hospital on Oahu and that was a day to be hugely thankful - that my Dad had survived his major surgery, that there was no cancer as the surgeon had anticipated, and that we were together as a family in Hawaii..

This year while we do not celebrate Thanksgiving here in Australia, I personally am taking some time out to be thankful that I survived the plane flight home from Hawaii and that while I might currently have - as my doctor put it - a "shower" of blood clots in my lungs.. I will see Hawaii again, and next time I will plan an even longer stay on Oahu.

I am thankful for everyone here who shares their knowledge and experiences. :) Even though sometimes we do not agree on things, I still appreciate the time and effort everyone puts in. Love your work, all! ;)

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful people on TA forums

Happy turkey day to you too!

Here on the West Coast, it will be a couple of more hours before we put our turkey on the BBQ.

We brined ours again this year "Hawaiian style" with pineapple juice, soy sauce, salt, bay, garlic, maple syrup, brown sugar and chili flakes....

To everyone, bon appétit!

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,457 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful people on TA forums

placebets - I hope you remember to taste, taste, taste! I'm fortunate to have a 20 year old daughter who is busy making the pies. I'll put the turkey on the barbeque around noon, but now, going for a mimosa!

Happy Thanksgiving!

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,823 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful people on TA forums

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Here's a little gift some of you who are my age will remember! No Thanksgiving is complete without it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5_8U4j51lI

Enjoy,

3Chihuahuas

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,304 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful people on TA forums

Happy Thanksgiving, Placebets and to all my TA buddies! Turkey is in the oven here too, now to start the stuffing!

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful people on TA forums

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

That's right Placebets dressing is what we're having at our house.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful people on TA forums

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,540 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful people on TA forums

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you - you bring a lot of joy & pleasure to my life as we share the joy of travel and love of Hawaii! Maybe you all be blessed - now back to more cooking!! :)

Canberra (capital...
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful people on TA forums

Happy turkey day all our US based mates, and 'aveagoodweekend to our local mates. Wish I were there, including for Black Friday, which now seems to last all week, at least on line!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,355 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful people on TA forums

Happy Thanksgiving all! Turkey is stuffed and in the oven a couple of hours ago...smelling good! As usual, missing my cop son who has to work Black Friday! It seems to get earlier and crazier each year. Could the 3 am shop lifters maybe stay home!? Also the car prowlers at the malls? Can we have no altercations at freaking Walmart! Please!

Sorry cop Mom venting!