We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

international marketplace

United States
Level Contributor
86 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
international marketplace

in a few days this wonderful place will be gone forever.

Does anybody know what will happen of this place in 2014 ? (going to waikiki in August).

Have merchants been relocated or just disappeared.

Thanks

Laura

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,043 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: international marketplace

Don't know about the vendors there.

But you can go to Duke's Lane. They have about the same items. Duke's Lane is next to Beachcomber Hotel.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: international marketplace

More then likely in August it will be barricaded off and will be a building site.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,934 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: international marketplace

I was there last weekend. Just a skeleton of it self now. Fatty's Chinese was closed up at the end of Nov. By August there should be plenty of construction going on. I have no idea where all the vendor's went, probably most of them closed their businesses as the rent anywhere else would be cost prohibitive.

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,267 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: international marketplace

Would welcome any news re Fatty's. Not like it was gourmet or anything, but we dearly loved the place!!

Sigh.....

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: international marketplace

Fatty's was great! If only they re-open someplace close by to the old location? Chuck.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,934 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: international marketplace

They had a flyer on their door saying they had closed up. I think if they were going to open elsewhere they would have added that. In any case, if I hear of anything, I will post it.

United States
Level Contributor
86 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: international marketplace

Tks everyone.

Merry Christmas !! laura

8. Re: international marketplace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:16