We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Polynesian Cultural Center

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Polynesian Cultural Center

Going to Polynesian Cultural Center in May, 2014 and there are 6 "villages" with demonstrations at each. Only have 1 day (also going to dinner show) and won't have time to visit all so would like to know what demonstrations are done at each of the villages and which ones are a must see. Thanks for any and all input...Fran/Michigan

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,578 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Polynesian Cultural Center

You will get information on schedules when you arrive. Also - familiarize yourself with their website.

My favorite Island is Samoa.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Polynesian Cultural Center

If you plan to get there at opening (noonish) you can do just about every island. I took my daughter a couple months ago and we just followed the map and planned each island so that it flowed and we weren't back tracking a lot. One day is enough. Get the map when you check in and do your own walk about. When you use one of their guides you end up missing a couple of the islands.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Polynesian Cultural Center

Not sure how current this map is since it says 2011 but you can see the schedule of events on there:

polynesia.com/cmsdocuments/Summer2011Web.pdf

You'll get the current map when you check in.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Polynesian Cultural Center

When in May?

World Fireknife Competition is in mid-May. It would be great if you could go then. It is a 4 day event starting on Wednesday & finishing on Saturday.

I have not seen the dates for 2014, but it will either be May 7-10 (my best guess) or May 14-17.

Best daytime villages are Samoa & Tonga. Canoe Pageant & canoe rides are also my top picks.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Polynesian Cultural Center

You can see all of the villages in 1 day. They are all great. we go every year and our favorites are: Samoa, Aoetera, Tonga and Hawaii. Get there at noon to see them all.

6. Re: Polynesian Cultural Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2015, 05:18