We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

You have 5 days on Oahu. What would you do ?

Hannover, Germany
2 posts
Save Topic
You have 5 days on Oahu. What would you do ?

Hi,

I am travelling to hawaii for 10 days and currently planned to stay on Oahu for 5 days ? What would be a travel itinery for 5 days ? What would you do each of those days ?

Best regards,

Axel

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
45,996 posts
1,464 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: You have 5 days on Oahu. What would you do ?

For us, one of the biggest draws to O`ahu, in the Honolulu/Waiki Area, is the fine-dining, but then we have been going to Hawai`i for many years. Even if one is not into fine-dining, there are many other food options, that should not be missed.

Now, the questions, that follow, will hep others help you better:

Where, on O`ahu will you be staying?

Will you have an auto?

What sort of things do you enjoy most - sitting on a lovely beach, history, shopping, hiking, golf, etc.?

Any budget constraints, that we should know about?

The answers will provide folk here with a lot to work with - what my excite me, might not even make your "top-100 list."

Travel safely, and enjoy!

Aloha,

Hunt

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,856 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: You have 5 days on Oahu. What would you do ?

I would not miss seeing Pearl Harbor and the North shore. :)

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: You have 5 days on Oahu. What would you do ?

You need to do a few things to give yourself an overview ... so you can choose what appeals to you, personally. Pick up a travel guidebook or two for Oahu. Get a good map of Oahu. Start reading down through the Oahu Forum. And look to the right-hand side of the screen on the Oahu and on the Honolulu Forums for "Top Questions."

Why did you choose to visit Oahu? What attracted you? That's a good place to start.

And please tell us where you are staying ... and if you will have a car. It makes a big difference.

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: You have 5 days on Oahu. What would you do ?

Do some research to figure out what YOU want to do. There is plenty to see on Oahu. Please let us know your budget, actual time (does 5 days = 6 nights?) on the island, number of people traveling, whether you plan on getting a car (I do!) and what kind of things you generally like to do or are looking to get from this particular trip. I just don't understand the people who want total strangers to plan a trip for them.

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,568 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: You have 5 days on Oahu. What would you do ?

5 days isn't that much, but you can definitely still see a lot. I'm assuming this is your first time there? If so, you have to do all the touristy stuff, and some definite must-see's for me for a first-timer would be:

Pearl Harbor

North Shore

Dole Plantation

Diamond Head

Hanauma Bay

But as stated, do some research on what you want to do and what interests you.

Seattle...
Level Contributor
246 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: You have 5 days on Oahu. What would you do ?

I can tell you what we are doing on our upcoming trip. It's our second so we are skipping some things we did last time (Dole Pineapple Plantation, hiking Diamondhead, Bishop Museum, Paradise Cove luau) and we are repeating some favorites:

Day One - grocery shop, rent gear at Snorkel Bob's, lounge at the resort and take advantage of their amenities (Hilton Hawaiian Village) - Dinner at the Shorebird

Day Two - Three of us are going on an ATV tour at Kuloa Ranch, 2 are going to the spa. Afternoon reservations at Pearl Harbo, Possible beach or pool time before dinner. Planning casual dinner (Steak Shack maybe?)

Day Three - Snorkel sail and dinner at Duke's

Day Four - Hanamuna Bay in the morning to snorkel. Then hang at the beach/resort. It's Valentine's Day and we have dinner reservations at Ocean House

Day Five - Drive to the North Shore with a stop in Kailua on the way back. My sister lives there so we'll visit with them and have dinner.

Edited: 09 January 2014, 01:38
7. Re: You have 5 days on Oahu. What would you do ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 06:30