We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbor on a Saturday

ny
Level Contributor
755 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Pearl Harbor on a Saturday

I think I have to switch my plans to visit Pearl Harbor from a weekday to a Saturday. Does anyone know if the line to pick up tickets is much longer on a Saturday morning? thanks

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbor on a Saturday

I stick to weekdays. Leave the weekends for special events and residents taking their families and guests. That's my take.

Remember - you do not stand in line to pick up tickets for Pearl Harbor. Walk right in. The tickets are for the Arizona Memorial - to secure a slot for you. The other activities have much easier access.

When are you coming again?

ny
Level Contributor
755 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbor on a Saturday

We will be there in April. Our flight out was canceled, so we will get there a day later. Hence the need to see Pearl Harbor on the weekend. I was able to reserve Arizona Memorial tickets. We will have to wait on line for those, won't we?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Harbor on a Saturday

Oh! You have tickets for Saturday! You arrive an hour before your slot time to pick them up. They're yours.

The more problematic lines are for those without reservations.

You can arrive earlier than an hour before the Arizona tour ... lots to see!

You may want to review the instructions on the website. Not the best in the world, I know - but helpful.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,611 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearl Harbor on a Saturday

I would get there about 1 hour and 15 minutes early.

Several have said that there is only one line prior to 7am.

So I would get there 10-15 minutes earlier than you are supposed to if you have reservations for an early tour if an early tour.

If you have reservations for a tour after 9am, than an hour before your tour is fine.

ny
Level Contributor
755 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pearl Harbor on a Saturday

Thank you! I reserved the tickets last night just before posting the question. I'm going to release the original tickets that I had. I now have 9:45 for Saturday morning. We will leave the hotel around 7:00 (Royal Hawaiian) and hopefully have time to see the Bowfin first. Sound reasonable?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pearl Harbor on a Saturday

Sounds good to me. You may have time for the Bowfin ... or to browse the museums close to the Arizona Memorial theatre.

7. Re: Pearl Harbor on a Saturday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:18