We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sushi on the go?

Level Contributor
131 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sushi on the go?

Hubby is not a fan of sushi so it would not be fair to drag him to a sushi restaurant. Is there anywhere on waikiki strip where I can get good fresh sushi to go so I can eat it while lounging by the pool or on the beach?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sushi on the go?

Sushi is way more than just eating sushi. It is the whole experience and presentation. I mean you can get it to go, but it would be much better if your husband would not have to be dragged. Sushi restaurants do have other things to eat. Chuck.

Mentioned in this post
Chuck's Steak House
Chuck's Steak House
689 Reviews
Oahu, HI
South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,641 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sushi on the go?

My other half is exactly the same.

Check my review of Magokoro - he had the Teriyaki Chicken set.

beedoo747.wordpress.com/2013/12/03/magokoro/

There are photos of the menu with some of the other non-sushi options.

Mentioned in this post
Magokoro
Magokoro
152 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sushi on the go?

I second Magokoro above! It's next to HHV though, not really on the strip. They definitely do takeout, as we had dinner there one night and then ordered a couple spicy tuna rolls to go as a beach snack another time. One doesn't always need a grand experience and presentation to enjoy delicious food though, Chuck!

Mentioned in this post
Magokoro
Magokoro
152 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Chuck's Steak House
Chuck's Steak House
689 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,815 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sushi on the go?

You can go to a place like Sushi Izakaya Gaku and they have lots of good food besides sushi.

Mentioned in this post
Sushi Izakaya Gaku
Sushi Izakaya Gaku
140 Reviews
Oahu, HI
5. Re: Sushi on the go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 06:21