We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 5 [15,13,11] Breakers v Embassy Suites? $300 dif.

Indy
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Family of 5 [15,13,11] Breakers v Embassy Suites? $300 dif.

4 nights...ES is $300 more total but includes breakfast and happy hour.

Breakers garden suite walk out to the pool with 1 q in bedroom and 2 twins + rollaway in main room; ES has 2 q in bedroom and sofa bed. I don't think Breakers has a hot tub. We have folks staying at the Hale Koa and we'll want to visit each other.

seeking opinions...what would you choose? Thanks.

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,400 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of 5 [15,13,11] Breakers v Embassy Suites? $300 dif.

That's a tough call because they are very close to each other from a location standpoint. The Breakers, although I have never stayed there, looks like kind of a fun place and not so much like a hotel.

I have stayed at ES but again not this one, and always liked them.

I sure might want to give the Breakers a try I think.

Indy
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of 5 [15,13,11] Breakers v Embassy Suites? $300 dif.

PB...that's exactly how I feel...lol....hopefully others will chime in who have stayed at both or visited both. Thanks though...it's only 4 nights but it's the start of our 15-16 day Hawaii adventure. We are staying at Hanalei Bay Resort on Kauai and Honua Kai Maui.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,596 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of 5 [15,13,11] Breakers v Embassy Suites? $300 dif.

Is this for you and the kids? If yes, I would prefer the set up with the bedroom alone and rollaways in the main. In all fairness, I have stayed at neither, but researched extensively and if there had been an opening, we would have stayed at Breakers because it comes highly recc'ed on this forum and was so interesting to me. It seemed to have a very cool vibe and feel. My understanding was that it reserved quickly and not easy to find availability. Are there openings for your timeframe? The inclusion of breakfast and HH would not have as much bearing on my decision as the bed set up. I still hope to stay at Breakers some day.....Deb

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,799 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family of 5 [15,13,11] Breakers v Embassy Suites? $300 dif.

Do look carefully ... as these properties are apples and oranges.

I would choose the Embassy Suites any day.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family of 5 [15,13,11] Breakers v Embassy Suites? $300 dif.

The Breakers is pretty old whereas Embassy isn't - it was part of the makeover of Lewers St. Haven't stopped at either but if it was my family of 5 with our 3 young kids I would go Embassy. Roof top pool terrace always looks like they are having a great time (we stay across the road at Trump and have a view straight into their pool area from Trump's pool deck)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,215 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family of 5 [15,13,11] Breakers v Embassy Suites? $300 dif.

I would choose The Breakers because it is a chance to experience a slice of Oahu that is going the way of the dodo. The is an old school school charm to The Breakers and a relaxed feel of ohana you will not get in the places like the ES.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,906 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family of 5 [15,13,11] Breakers v Embassy Suites? $300 dif.

Yes! The Breakers. Scott is spot on.

We have stayed at the Breakers several times and it makes us smile.

Edited: 02 February 2014, 22:36
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,799 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family of 5 [15,13,11] Breakers v Embassy Suites? $300 dif.

If you scroll down and click on the name of each (Embassy Suites and The Breakers) you will get an aerial view. hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/oahu/oah…

This rough Waikiki hotel map may be helpful as well. discounthotelshawaii.com/waikikimap.html

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family of 5 [15,13,11] Breakers v Embassy Suites? $300 dif.

I have stayed in Embassy Suites on the mainland and enjoy them but my choice would be the Breakers just because we like low rise accommodations better not high rises.

I do think you will get more of a old Hawaii feel at the breakers also.

10. Re: Family of 5 [15,13,11] Breakers v Embassy Suites? $300 dif.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 06:18