We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbor

Seattle
8 posts
Save Topic
Pearl Harbor

It appears that USS Arizona times for the dates I will be there are already gone. Is my only other option to book a tour through a third party? If so any recommendations? Thank you!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
42,991 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbor

Not necessarily. Only 35 of the 150 tickets per day can be reserved on line. You can get there early, (how early depends on season), and get tickets then. Sometimes there will be a long line, sometimes not. The visitors center opens at 7:00am and I believe the first USS Arizona Memorial tour is at 8:00am.

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,593 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbor

And keep checking the website, because several people on here said they went back after first seeing no availability and then finding tickets available. I guess some people cancel their reservations which almost surprises me.

Good luck !

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,950 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Harbor

What days?

There have been many that check a different link and there are no tickets available for a different tour.

This is the right link for only the USS Arizona Memorial tour:

www.recreation.gov/tourDetails.do…

This is a link that has four different tours.

One is for USS Arizona Memorial. This is the right tour.

One is for USS Arizona Memorial with Narrated tour (headphones for $7.50). This is also the right tour.

The Passport is for all four Pearl Harbor museums.

The Historic Pearl Harbor tour is only a few times a year. It is a tour of the harbor.

www.recreation.gov/tourList.do…

Seattle
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearl Harbor

That is the site I was looking at (2 tickets for July 5 or 6). I guess I am confused - even though it does not list any times with 2 tickets available, can I just select the audio tour and get access to the Arizona as well? If so can I just arrive for any tour time? Thanks for your help.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,950 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pearl Harbor

The audio tour is kind of connected to the regular tour. One the total reaches 35, both will say "sold out". Same with the Passport as it includes USS Arizona Memorial. It too will say "sold out".

July 6 has 1 ticket available for several tours. 10:15, 10:30 & 10:45 are consecutive.

You could book 1 each for consecutive tours. While you cannot do the actual tour together, it may be better than arriving at 6:30 am to get tickets. When you pick up the tickets, ask if there is an extra ticket for either tour. If so, then get the extra ticket.

Or you can book this tour:

It is the least expensive "tour" that actually has advanced tickets for USS Arizona Memorial. It is basically a narrated drive from Waikiki to the visitors Center & back. But it qualifies as a tour so they get advanced tickets.

Or just get there at 6:30.

Because the tickets are only $1.50 each, there are often families or friends that buy a number of tickets and at the last minute something happens & one or two in the group can't make the trip.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,950 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pearl Harbor

Also for anyone wanting the Passport, you can purchase them at USS Missouri/USS Bowfin ticket office or through USS Missouri's site. You would still have to stand in line for USS Arizona Memorial tour tickets though.

And remember that there are still several times in the afternoon where there are no tours scheduled for USS Arizona Memorial.

If the Federal Budget ever gets passed, the Sequestration may end & those tours may be scheduled again.

Edited: 09 February 2014, 22:28
7. Re: Pearl Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 06:17