We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Found a ring on north shore beach

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Found a ring on north shore beach

Trying to get a ring back to its rightful owner, Called police, talked to lifeguard and called local metal detector agency. We went back to the beach today and the guard said we had just missed the woman who lost it. He didn't have her name, phone number or the metal detector agency. Any suggestions?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,153 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Found a ring on north shore beach

Contact the lifeguard at the station again and leave info that you found the ring. Perhaps the owner will try again to see if anyone found it.

Leave info how the owner can get the ring back.

II think (if I was a lifeguard) I would have gotten some info from the owner (at least a phone number) of the ring in case it was found later, and told the owner to check back later.

You might check the classified ads (online) in Star*Advertiser to see if someone has inquired about the ring.

California
Level Contributor
5,830 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Found a ring on north shore beach

If the owner is from California (big chance) the first place most of us go to is "Lost and Found" on Craigslist.com. Assuming this was a younger person the odds are even better that she knows about Craigslist's Lost and Found site.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Found a ring on north shore beach

Thankfully, this story has a happy ending! I called Justin from ringfinders.com (a metal detector service) and he was able to put me in touch with the woman who lost the ring. I highly recommend this guy. He doesn't charge for his service. When I called him, he immediately sent me a picture of the ring. One of his clients had been with him on the beach all morning. It was such a wonderful feeling to be able to help this young couple. They had only been engaged for 6 weeks and the ring was not insured.

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,723 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Found a ring on north shore beach

Wow, that sure sound like a long shot !! How nice of you to follow that through and help them get back the ring. You are certainly to be admired for your honesty and efforts. So, nice to hear a good ending to this story.

Aloha

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,153 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Found a ring on north shore beach

That's great!

@
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Found a ring on north shore beach

Nice!

Aloha lives.

California
Level Contributor
5,830 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Found a ring on north shore beach

Nice ending and I like the pictures! I site is actually www.theringfinders.com not ringfinders.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,958 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Found a ring on north shore beach

I love this story! wow, you really made a difference in their lives by caring enough to pursue the quest. My hat off to you.

Rural Valley, PA
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Found a ring on north shore beach

I like happy endings! Kudos to you for following up on it. Years ago I lost my class ring, a year later a guy found it and took the time to get my high school yearbook and since my initials were in the ring, he looked me up. It was nice to know someone went out of their way to return it. May Karma follow you and good things happen.

Chisago City...
Level Contributor
453 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Found a ring on north shore beach

What a great ending! There are still good people out there!!