We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swap meet? where is it? what time?

East Hampton, NY
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Topic
swap meet? where is it? what time?

What day is the best to go to the swap meet? Are they only open on weekends? What time should you go?

Thanks!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: swap meet? where is it? what time?

Open Wed, Sat and Sun from 6:00 a.m. till 3:00 p.m. Easily reached by using The Bus.

Public Transportation: Take 320 Airport/Pearlridge or #47 Waipahu. To return, take #20 or #47 Waikiki Beach and hotels or #49, #51, #52 or #62 marked Honolulu/Ala Moana Center and transfer to Ala Moana #8, #19 or #20 Waikiki Beach and Hotels.

canada
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: swap meet? where is it? what time?

They are open sat and sun and i think wed. We went once through the week because we knew we would have to go back for things we should have gotten in the first place. And i think we spent more the second time. It is WELL worth going to. DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!! I highly recommend it. Make sure you wear comfy shoes, take water and sunscreen is a must, also an umbrella for the rain bursts. Have fun and happy shopping, also you can barter with the vendors.

East Hampton, NY
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: swap meet? where is it? what time?

stupid question... but is there more than one swap meet? Whats the name of it or the place it is at?

We'd be coming from the JW Marriott to it.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: swap meet? where is it? what time?

The Swapmeet, there might be other smaller ones, but the big one is held at the Aloha Stadium, not far from Pearl Harbor. See my prvious posts on how to get there by using The Bus.

Southern California
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: swap meet? where is it? what time?

As far as what time to go, it's best to go in the morning to avoid the heat and the crowds. But not too early because most of the vendors might not be there yet.

East Hampton, NY
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: swap meet? where is it? what time?

okay well whats not to early?

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
516 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: swap meet? where is it? what time?

I would think surely by 8am or before 9am, just not at 6am when they open.

East Hampton, NY
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: swap meet? where is it? what time?

thanks everyone!!!!!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,346 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: swap meet? where is it? what time?

Besides the big one at Aloha Stadium, there is another one just on the other side of Pearlrige Shopping Center. It is the Kam Super Swap Meet at an old drive in theater. Not as big as Aloha Stadium.

They have mostly used things. They also have one of the best farmers markets on Oahu. Open Wednesdays, Saturdays & Sundays just like the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet.

Don't go to either before 8am because they are not set up yet.

Both of the swap meets close at 3pm, but a lot of the vendors start leaving at 1pm.

Fremantle, Western...
Level Contributor
681 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: swap meet? where is it? what time?

What are the best things to buy there?