We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving 2014 a Oahu

Tahiti, French...
3 posts
Save Topic
Thanksgiving 2014 a Oahu

Hello,

I wanted to know if during the Thanksgiving Day, the zoo and the aquarium are open?

And Wet'n'Wild will also be open during the week of 22-29 November 2014?

What are the best places for shopping?

I wanted to know where is the best place for shopping on blackfriday?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,890 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving 2014 a Oahu

Poor Haumana2013 was asked to start their open topic and then no one replied :(

Sorry about that.

I have no idea on Wet 'n Wild for Thanksgiving Week, but it is closed Thanksgiving Day and open at least on Black Friday and the weekend, and I would guess (but just a guess) it might be open the whole week. Thanksgiving is very busy in Hawaii.

…mywetnwild.com/Park-Info/Operating-Calendar…

Best shopping is highly subjective, especially based on what you are looking for, but the "Shopping for Aussies" Top Question might help you. Here is one of the links in that Top Question.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k402105…

For me the best shopping would be Ala Moana Mall, Kahala Mall and the Windward Mall in Kaneohe, others like the Waikele Premium Outlets, others Hilo Hatties and some just the standard Target, Walmart, Ross, etc stores.

Do know that Macy's gives foreign visitors a 10% discount card when you resent your passport at customer service. That is to help offset sales taxes.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,285 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving 2014 a Oahu

I have been to the Zoo on Thanksgiving ... so I assume that it will be open on Thanksgiving 2014. Not sure about the Aquarium - so check their website. I bet they are open as well.

Wet and Wild? I'd check their website, but they would be crazy to close during such a busy and profitable week!

There is no such thing as "best" place for shopping. It depends on what you are looking for ... and sometimes dumb luck. I would start with the Ala Moana (shopping) Center and the Ward Centers. Pull them up on line for an overview of their stores.

One more thing - your best friend during Thanksgiving Week will be the StarAdvertiser (Honolulu newspaper). Some sales start before Black Friday ... much earlier in the week. The newspaper will have the ads, hours, and often coupons. .

3. Re: Thanksgiving 2014 a Oahu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 06:17