We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a private Chef.

Walla Walla...
4 posts
Save Topic
Hiring a private Chef.

We are traveling to Oahu for my parents 50th Anniversary. After looking at all-inclusive we decided to rent a home on the island and are super excited! Has anyone hired a chef/company to prepare dinners? We would love to have food brought in and cleaned up. You see this in Mexico all the time and I'm thinking there has to be something in HI. We don't need super fancy but like the idea of not having to prep/clean. Thanks!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a private Chef.

Tell you what: I'm available just for the cost of a round trip ticket and a room at The Circle. I don't even need a first class ticket unless you also want me to vacuum. ;) Chuck.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,010 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a private Chef.

Hawaii is not Mexico!! Sure, you can hire someone to come in and cook and clean but it will cost you dearly. Are you talking about just one special meal or nightly?

Walla Walla...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a private Chef.

I was thinking Nightly. We are there for 7 nights and I was thinking 5-6 evenings of catered food. Maybe it's just better to buy and cook ourselves? Thanks for your help!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a private Chef.

So, I don't get the job? I am a Cordon Blue graduate. Chuck.

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,112 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiring a private Chef.

There is really tasty takeout food available in almost all areas of O'ahu. Give it a try! If you let us know where you're staying, you'll get lots of specific recommendations. You should also consider enjoying some local fruits and grilling up some local island fish too. Yum!

As a L-A-S-T resort, consider Chuck's offer! LOL

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiring a private Chef.

Yessssss! (Chef) Chuck

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,093 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hiring a private Chef.

Hawaii is pretty much like traveling to any state in the union, so I would say that most of us cook, go out to eat, or choose take-out - or a combination of all!

If you do an internet search, you'll find chefs. I did it just now and found plenty. Are they any good? That's the question!

How many in your party? You can make reservations at one of the many excellent restaurants on island. Hawaii has the most amazing food options and Oahu is the perfect place to start enjoying it.

Have a great time and happy 50th to your parents!

Walla Walla...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hiring a private Chef.

Thanks Everyone!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hiring a private Chef.

We tried to do one night of a private chef for my husbands 60th birthday...it was very expensive. Cheaper to have a nice meal out at one of the better restaurants. It was like $600 per couple all said and done and we were providing the wine.

BUT I'm sure there are a few of us who would come over to cook for you for the price of the flight and lodging :).

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hiring a private Chef.

Sorry, Zubsin, bit I got my bid in first. Chuck.