My wife and I will be traveling to Oahu at the end of the month. We have a very active itinerary planned, but we have a few questions about a variety of topics. Any help/ recommendations that you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
1. On our first and last days of the trip we will have to travel with our luggage in the trunk of the car. We have read many references to car break-ins. We'd like to minimize the risk of this happening by planning activities where parking might be more secure. Of the following locations, would you consider any especially risky? Street parking by Kapiolani Park, Meter parking by the Iolani Palace, Diamond Head hike parking, Hanauma Bay, Nu'uanu-Pali Lookout, Kualoa Regional Park
2. Do you know of a good place to purchase banana bread?
3. What is / are your favorite place(s) to get malasadas?
4. I know that box jellyfish can be a problem 7 to 12 days after a full moon on the south shores of the island. http://lookintohawaii.com/calendar.aspx has a calendar showing Tuesday, March 25th as the last watch day. In your experience, do the jellyfish remain a problem on beaches/ in coves on the days after the main “invasion.” Will care need to be taken to avoid them washed up afterward?
5. Several sources note April as a transition month from winter to summer in regard to North Shore wave behavior. I would like to snorkel in Shark’s Cove and swim in Waimea Bay. What is the probability that I will be able to do this safely at the end of March?
6. What is your favorite location for french fries (excluding national chains like McDonalds)? Local fast food would be especially welcome.
Thank you in advance for any insights you may share!