We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Ambassador Pkg @ PCC worth the extra $$?

Knoxville
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Topic
Is the Ambassador Pkg @ PCC worth the extra $$?

Is the food better than the luau food? Is it less crowded? Are the better seats and the guide worth $30 more per person?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Ambassador Pkg @ PCC worth the extra $$?

The seats for 'Horizons' that come with the $80 Ali'i luau package are great.

I don't think I would pay the extra $30 for the Ambassador package.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
498 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Ambassador Pkg @ PCC worth the extra $$?

PCC's packages are very confusing to me.

The Ambassador says it includes a guided tour the Ali'i Luau doesn't. Does it matter?

What is the difference between the Ali'i Luau Buffet to the Ambassador Buffet?

Thanks

Waikiki, Hawaii
Level Contributor
983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Ambassador Pkg @ PCC worth the extra $$?

Call the PCC toll free and ask lots of questions. They pretty much talked me out of everything with their honest answers.

The packages are:

Super Ambassador 200

Ambassador Luau 110

Ambassador 110

Alii Luau 80

Admission/Evening Show 50

With the Ambassador packages, your group is limited to about 200. The rest of the packages fill up the other 2300 seats.

I wonder how much money that is per day?

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Ambassador Pkg @ PCC worth the extra $$?

We upgraded our package from Alii Luau to Ambassador Luau when we were there 2 weeks ago.

What you get extra:

**A Tour Guide - ours was very knowledgable about the center, the islands and Hawaiian history in general. He provided a great deal of extra background information. He was able to point out the must-sees and got us around crowds, which was great.

**Upgraded seats to the Horizons show. I booked my package about 6 weeks in advance. After booking Alii Luau, changed my mind and decided to upgrade. Sent an email and got a reply back right away - we were sitting dead center, 6th row back. Just perfect seats.

**Pineapple Deelite -- this food item was high on my list of favorites for my entire trip. You get two of them - one to eat during the day at some point and the second you can eat during intermission of the Horizons show. It's fresh cut gold pineapple at the bottom with two scoops of sherbet on top. It's HUGE. I shared the evening one with my 8 yr old because I was still stuffed from the luau. The one we got during the day was a scoop of pineapple sherbet and watermelon sherbet. That was fantastic. The one served in the evening was two scoops of pineapple sherbet. They sell these deelites for $5 all over the park and at intermission as well.

**VHS Video and Souvenir Program - you can upgrade the VHS video to DVD. The video is a $10 credit. The DVD costs $45 but has the Horizons show as well as 2 other programs on there. You end up paying another $35 if you want to take home the DVD, which I highly recommend as it has the Samoan guy on it too. If you have been to PCC and remember the Samoan guy you know who I am talking about. He was incredibly funny-almost like a stand up comedian. He is also the guy who does the fire knife twirling.

The food is the same luau food you would get w/ the Alii Luau package. Typical luau food - roast pig, poi, poke, different salads, taro rolls, various Hawaiian (Asian) style desserts. However if you don't like luau food you can get the Ambassador buffet which is prime rib and that sort of American-style food instead.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
498 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Ambassador Pkg @ PCC worth the extra $$?

Thanks MMom that answers my questions.

One more question, we are on Maui first and I was considering Old Lahiana Luau

My husband did the Disney Luau as a teenager and says he could care less about going to another, but I've never been to one.

Should I pick either OLL or PCC or do both?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
632 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the Ambassador Pkg @ PCC worth the extra $$?

I've heard that the OLL is a must do Luau. Since you will need to eat anyway, why not do the PCC Luau also.

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the Ambassador Pkg @ PCC worth the extra $$?

My opinion is that once you have seen a luau, you're probably set. I have heard MANY good things about the Old Lahaina Luau but we decided not to do it because A)it was SOOOOO much more expensive than anybody else's luau and B) we were going to PCC anyways. My goal was to try luau food and watch a nice show. If your goal at a luau is to get hammered, then do NOT go to PCC as they don't serve alcohol.

If you choose to do both, skip the PCC luau. PCC has little food stands all over the place and you can easily get quickie dinner and not pay for the luau. It would be cheaper. But make sure you go to see the Horizons show. It is SOOO good!

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the Ambassador Pkg @ PCC worth the extra $$?

Having done bothe the OLL and the PCC luau, I would definitely, definitely say skip the PCC one, unless you just really, really love luau food. The food at the PCC luau is really not all that good, and the show at the OLL is much, much better.

The Horizons show...don't miss it!! It's incredible.

And yes, the Samoan guy is abslutely hilarious!

Vancouver
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is the Ambassador Pkg @ PCC worth the extra $$?

I don't have that big budget for the Luau, and it doesn't sound like the food is great anyway. Is there anywhere else to eat within walking distance of the PCC?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Is the Ambassador Pkg @ PCC worth the extra $$?

Within walking distance of PCC:

McDonalds - right next to PCC parking lot

In Laie Shopping Center about 3 blocks from PCC:

Laie Chop Suey, Subway, Domino's Pizza, L&L Drive In

Also a Foodland with a deli in the shopping center.