We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIP Trans Shuttle experience

Maryland
Level Contributor
95 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
VIP Trans Shuttle experience

Just returned from Honolulu and I wanted to share our experience with VIP Trans shuttle. We used them to and from the airport and found them to be prompt and made traveling to our hotel and back to the airport easy. I arrived a day earlier than DH and it was helpful to be greeted and have assistance with my bags. The shuttle was half full on my arrival and was full on our return. My flight arrived early, and despite this, they were waiting for me. My DH arrived a day later and his flight was 4 hours late, and again, no problems.

We also used VIP Trans to go to Pearl Harbor. However, the timing for the return did not work out for us and we did not want to wait 2 hours for the next shuttle so we ended up taking a cab back to the hotel. Because they have set return times, I would say that their shuttle may not be ideal for Pearl Harbor unless timed better than we did. We had a 10:45 Arizona time slot and arrived at Pearl Harbor at 9:00 am. We could not get an earlier ticket so we did what we wanted to do beforehand and were finished way before the next shuttle pick up.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,070 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIP Trans Shuttle experience

You could have taken the bus back to Waikiki for $2.50 a person.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIP Trans Shuttle experience

According to the nice people at Google, car (or taxi) between Pearl Harbor and the center of Waikiki is about 25 minutes. The Bus is about 1 hr 20 min.

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,486 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VIP Trans Shuttle experience

I have taken the bus to and from Peal Harbor several times and never, ever had it take more than an hour.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,070 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIP Trans Shuttle experience

LOL! I've driven from Waikiki to PH ... and it's never been that quick!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VIP Trans Shuttle experience

BLBL, did you see placebets zipping past you, on The Bus?

But in all seriousness, I've only taken The Bus to PH once, and it took about an hour and a half. We decided to take a shuttle back, from the Swap Meet, where we walked, after our PH visit.

Maryland
Level Contributor
95 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VIP Trans Shuttle experience

Yes, the bus is less expensive but when you only have 1 day it is quicker and more efficient to take a shuttle or a taxi.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,070 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VIP Trans Shuttle experience

True, JRMom. You wouldn't have the luxury of time.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
24,795 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: VIP Trans Shuttle experience

Aloha,

Mahalo for the report.

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,486 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VIP Trans Shuttle experience

O.K. i checked the schedule from the zoo area to PH and it does say about 1 hour 20 minutes. I will stand corrected and beg forgiveness of the others. But, I swear I remember it only taking about an hour each way last time we took it.

So, I guess i would pay the cost to rent a car and park it overnight now that I know that.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,934 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VIP Trans Shuttle experience

I can drive from my home across the canal from Waikiki to Peal Harbor in 20 minutes. On a Sunday morning at 8:00am, hardly any traffic!! Otherwise it can take at least an half an hour or more, depending on traffic!! Glad your shuttle worked out for you JRMom.