We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling

canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Topic
Snorkeling

I am looking at a catamaran cruise with great help from all of you. I am leaning towards one with snorkeling. My children all where glasses and cannot see a thing without them. You cannot put the masks over your glasses can you. I guess snorkeling would not be a good idea. Any thoughts. Thankyou

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling

you can rent rx masks at Snorkel Bobs

Northern California
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling

The masks won't seal with glasses on. For those who are serious they get masks for their prescription. If your children can see close up without their glasses they should be fine. You can also use contacts that day, or many rental shops have a few masks that are like over-the-counter- readers are- helpful to many, just not perfect- you can ask to see if the company you are going with has any of the special masks.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,939 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling

You will find most snorkel boat tours and places where you rent masks will have optical masks for you. They know people sometimes have bad eyesight!!

canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling

Thankyou for all your responces. Hawaii! Nautical said they would have to no how many and there Rx strength. I am a dummy when it comes to this but how do they they get the prescription on the mask. Is it a big bother for them to do? Thankyou.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
5,051 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling

Get each child's script from their eye doctor and send to them, if they need in advance, or take with you. It isn't a problem to get.

Edited: 30 March 2014, 14:46
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,939 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling

Hawaii Nautical is all about customer service. Just get the prescription from the doctor and let them know. They will take care of it.

7. Re: Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 05:16