We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

55 more sleeps .... thinking about the Hilton catamaran sail

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
55 more sleeps .... thinking about the Hilton catamaran sail

But who's counting lol... it has been a loooong ,grey wet winter here in the Pacific Northwest. I need some sun and fun!! Looking forward to the smells, the sights..the warm water..wiggling my toes in the sand. Oh and let's not forget the mai tais. Funny thing about those mai tais. I can only drink them in Hawaii. They don't taste as good here at home.

So in order to stay on topic, has anybody sailed with this group?

waikiki.com/Activities/hilton-lunch-snorkel-…

We have been to Oahu many times over these past 20 years, but like to do at least one touristy thing while we are there. I thought this might be what we do this time

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 55 more sleeps .... thinking about the Hilton catamaran sail

nobody can help???

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,983 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 55 more sleeps .... thinking about the Hilton catamaran sail

Hi, flip ...

Gut feeling ... this is the kinda thing designed for the Hilton conventioneers and their families ... but open to the general public.

Where are you guys staying?

Have you taken a sunset catamaran sail from Waikiki? Great experience ... beautiful ... and cheaper. Also - "fishdiva" recommends a catamaran sail. Maybe she will jump in.

(Sorry, no complaining about the rain, please. We are at about 40% of our normal rainfall level for late March.)

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,082 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 55 more sleeps .... thinking about the Hilton catamaran sail

Ahhh flip,

As fellow Pacific Northwestern peeps, we can relate! S-o-g-g-y this year! BUT, the temps have been comfortable, yes?

Funny about mai tais in Hawaii. For every ten thousand I've consumed, nine thousand nine hundred and sixty seven of them have been consumed in Hawaii. - I've kept meticulous records!

As for cat sails, they are wonderful! Many recommend the sunset sails, but we are partial to the day sails as the sun glinting off the water is wonderful and the views are gorgeous. - They're not expensive, so maybe do both??

Frankly, we have not sailed the Hilton one that you linked. But I expect you will find the Hilton prices a lot more expensive than others.

Have fun!

Al and Roberta~~~~~~~~~~~

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
141 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 55 more sleeps .... thinking about the Hilton catamaran sail

We did that sail in Sept 2013. It was a really enjoyable day. Only a total of 6 passengers were on our trip so it was very personalised and relaxing. We saw many turtles rising and swimming close by when we snorkeled out in the canyon. Plenty of time was allowed in the water and they provided us with excellent equipment and guidance. Other passengers had taken their own masks & snorkels. This was a dream of mine to see turtles while in Hawaii and to be close to them in an Eco safe way was important. The snacks & lunch (self serve sandwiches) were enjoyable. We all ate up on the deck to soak up the sunshine. The cruise out to Diamond Head was also a lovely and relaxing part of the trip. An added bonus was that it was only a short walk to the Hilton pier from the Outrigger Reef where we stayed.

Good travels

Cjay

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 55 more sleeps .... thinking about the Hilton catamaran sail

Hi Flip,

Our friends did the afternoon sail in December and LOVED it! It was just a sail offering snacks and non alcoholic beverages but they said the ride was awesome and the views AMAZING! We had wanted to try it also but they were pretty booked!

I think it was about a 3:30 or 4:00 pm sail :)

Let us know if you try it!

Oh and only 55 sleeps is awesome... you are almost there!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 55 more sleeps .... thinking about the Hilton catamaran sail

thanks all. We were actually married on a catamaran just off Diamond Head many moons ago. I think we will go ahead and book it, and hope it turns out like cjay's sail :) BLBL..we are staying at the Waikiki Shore. Thought it would be nice to walk up to the Hilton and then back to the condo.

Sorry about the lack of rain. I wish I could send some of ours your way

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,983 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 55 more sleeps .... thinking about the Hilton catamaran sail

Flip - why not send a PM to "fish diva" AKA "msfuzz" and ask her? She's always my go-to girl for snorkel/catamaran information.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 55 more sleeps .... thinking about the Hilton catamaran sail

good idea! I will hey Betty Lou, are you on island at the end of May? Or are you on the mainland?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,983 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 55 more sleeps .... thinking about the Hilton catamaran sail

End of May ... California.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts