We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit to pearl harbor

Salt Lake City, Utah
2 posts
Save Topic
visit to pearl harbor

We are planning a trip to Pearl Harbor in a couple of weeks. I know you can only go visit the USS Utah with a military ID. My boys (who are minors) have one from their sea cadet program. Does anyone know if these qualify to get our family on the island to visit? Or does anyone have an email contact info that I can find out if they will work for us to go? Our boys sea cadet unit was recently recommissioned to be named the USS Utah after that ship here in Utah so I thought it would be really cool to take pictures of them there with it.

Thanks

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visit to pearl harbor

When we saw USS Utah Memorial we were on Ford Island with everyone in car having a valid military ID. Call someone in Navy security on Ford Island for definitive answer. My first reaction would be that ID is not sufficient.

Salt Lake City, Utah
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visit to pearl harbor

Thank you. I am not sure because it gets them onto the bases here in Utah and they can use it to shop at the PX but I will call and find out for sure.

3. Re: visit to pearl harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 06:16