We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seating for Polynesian cultural center evening show.

missoula montan
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seating for Polynesian cultural center evening show.

Is there a really big difference in the seats for this show ?

We have seats on the top middle area. Should we upgrade to ambassador section and add dinner ?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,364 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seating for Polynesian cultural center evening show.

You'll be fine in the top middle section. If I was stuck in the top section (1 or 5) way on the right or left, I would try to upgrade for sure. And if I was in top sections 2 or 4 and way to the right or left I'd think about it.

Section 3 is in the middle & you'll have a good view.

It is a fairly small venue. I think there are 1,500 seats or so. They only go half way around the stage. So compare it with a 3,000 seat basketball auditorium.

polynesia.com/evening-show.html#.U0yr6FdB8_w

Edited: 15 April 2014, 04:53
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,364 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seating for Polynesian cultural center evening show.

I think row M is the last row (starting with row A) in the lower section. So about 13 rows in the lower section. And about 13 rows or so in the upper section.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seating for Polynesian cultural center evening show.

I was just at the PCC and did the Ambassador Prime Rib dining package. During the back stage tour I think they said the venue holds 2,700 people. This time we sat 4th row right in the middle. The seats were awesome. I have sat further back and the seats were fine but the 4th row middle was certainly better. I actually would not want to be in the 1st or 2nd row because they look too low and some of the show is up off ground level.

If you decide to add dinner here are my thoughts. The people in my group thought the prime rib dinner was very good. It was a buffet with a reasonable selection of food but the choices are not traditional luau type foods. It is a flat dining room with the buffet in the middle. I have done the Ali'i luau before and I think the food is better at the prime buffet and there are fewer people there so it is a calmer dining experience. For the Ali'i luau we all thought the food was fine, the dining area it is set up on tiers so that you can see the stage. I would call it light entertainment during dinner. Again it is a buffet with more traditional luau type foods served. I have also done the other buffet but it was quite some time ago and I don't remember details but I don't have any bad memory so it must have been fine.

We thought the Ambassador was worth the upgrade to have a nice dinner and better seats at the show. There were some other perks like the guided tour that were nice but not necessary. If you do not decide to upgrade, I think your seats are OK and being in the middle is important, I would not want to be on the sides.

You also might be able to upgrade your seats on the day. When we checked in there was a sign up that said seat upgrades available. The arena was not full the day we were there. I have been there when it is full so no guarantee there will be upgrades available when you visit.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seating for Polynesian cultural center evening show.

If you decide to leave for dinner, I wanted to add that North Shore Taco is very close and is great. Ii had the fish tacos and loved them. Others had burritos and those were good too. To put the dining options at the PCC into financial perspective, a 2 fish taco plate with beans and rice was $11.45, chips and salsa $5, soda $2 at North Shore Taco. To add a buffet at the PCC is between $19 and $36 with beverages and dessert included. I would personally do an early lunch at North Shore Taco and then a PCC meal (dinner at the PCC is 5 to 7 so eat lunch early; you can go in and out and eat as much as you want at the prime buffet). The entire day just transitions nicely if you do not leave for dinner (I have done that before too).

I did not see much else around the area to eat but in the other shopping center close by there was a burger place, Taco Bell and Subway.

Edited: 15 April 2014, 15:47
5. Re: Seating for Polynesian cultural center evening show.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 06:16