We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just excited we (Family and Friends) will be touching down..

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Topic
Just excited we (Family and Friends) will be touching down..

In less than 2 weeks..Staying @ our usual the Marriott KoOlina Beach Villas. This is a special trip since we were not planning on going this year due to other travel plans. As luck would have it my son is on a football team that will be playing in a tournament at the Aloha Stadium. I am blessed to be going to my favorite place Hawaii (I love all the islands) and watching my son play his favorite sport.

The only thing planned is to head to the North Shore and East side beaches..

Since we are staying on the West Side would it be worth it to do a boat trip on Hawaii Nautical? Kind of pricey for a family of 5. We usually just grab spam musubi's and watch dolphins from the shore @ Electric Beach.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,313 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just excited we (Family and Friends) will be touching down..

I liked watching the spinner dolphins from Kahe Point, aka Electric Beach. We would grab a plate lunch nearby & have a picnic there.

It is totally up to you if you want to splurge on a tour. If it is within your budget, go for it.

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,499 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just excited we (Family and Friends) will be touching down..

Sorry, not familiar with what "a boat trip on Hawaii Nautical" is. But if you are talking about a catamaran sail, I would say it is very much worth the money!

We usually do a little soft negotiating and take a day sail off Waikiki beach. Lovely views of Waikiki and Diamond Head. The sun glistening off the water is magnificent and the trades blowing across your skin are luxuriant!

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,499 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just excited we (Family and Friends) will be touching down..

Geeez, I just googled the cat sail offered by Hawaii Nautical! $154pp! That's just insane. Check the Maitai and the Na Hoku from Waikiki. Maybe $20-30pp depending on your negotiating skills. Not a four hour ride (1 1/2 - 2 hrs), and nobody strumming a uke for you, but 25 goes into 154 six times and leaves change left over~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just excited we (Family and Friends) will be touching down..

We'll be at the Marriott Ko Oina at the same time as you. Have breakfast at Longboards and watch the spinner dolphins off the rocks! They came by almost every day on our last trip. Enjoy and hope to see you there!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,990 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just excited we (Family and Friends) will be touching down..

I've been out with Hawaii Nautical and it is heads over heels better than anything else you can find on Oahu, especially the tours out of Waikiki. This is a case of you do get what you pay for. The snorkeling on the west side is spectacular, being on a boat makes it even better. If you can afford it, by all means go!!

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just excited we (Family and Friends) will be touching down..

Thank you for the replies..I will try my best to do a trip report this time with pictures.

MYHRSE- If you see dolphins please PM me! We have been going there for years and have never seen dolphins from the lagoons. We drive up one exit to Kahe Point to spot them there (Thank you Dusty for reminding me of the name). I'll be there in a few days....can't wait!

7. Re: Just excited we (Family and Friends) will be touching down..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 06:17