We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Bus vs Waikiki Trolley

Newport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
62 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
The Bus vs Waikiki Trolley

I know that the Waikiki Trolley costs more than The Bus but which is more efficient to get around, i.e. travel to Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head, etc?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Bus vs Waikiki Trolley

The Bus is more convenient. The trolley is fine for a quick jaunt up and down Kalakaua in Waikiki, it's also kind of fun (mostly for kids) to travel open air. But, you will find when waiting at one of the Trolley stops that you can only get on about one out of every 10 trolleys that come by. This is because the majority of them are private trolleys rented by Japanese tour groups, and the actual Waikiki Trolleys seem sparse. We often wait at a shared Bus/Trolley stop in front of the Ilikai and jump on whichever comes first. It's almost always The Bus.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
938 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Bus vs Waikiki Trolley

Hands down--The Bus. The trolley doesn't even come close. While I've had a few pleasant rides on the trolley, they've been few and far between. The Bus is so much more reasonable, convenient, comfortable, and professional.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,474 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Bus vs Waikiki Trolley

The Trolley is usually crowded, subject to weather quirks--rain, hot, and in general I prefer to spend my $$ on TheBus. Besides TheBus goes all over the island. The Trolley has a limited coverage area.

Newport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
62 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Bus vs Waikiki Trolley

The Bus it is. Thanks for all the input!!

5. Re: The Bus vs Waikiki Trolley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 07:16