We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh No!!! The weather reports!!!

england
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Oh No!!! The weather reports!!!

All the wether reports ive seen online show a complete washout in oahu next weekend(26/27)!!!! Should i be ignore these as there too far ahead or is there a bad storm brewing over there? Leavinf for my 2 week stay on monday!!!!!!!

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oh No!!! The weather reports!!!

As has been stated on this site multiple times, the forecasts on weather.com are not accurate for Hawaii. The only accurate one is by the NWS which is reported on hawaiiweathertoday.com. Here is a copy of their forecast for the Honolulu area. Relax and enjoy!

South Shore-

TODAY:

Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Highs 79 to 88. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

TONIGHT:

Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Lows 66 to 77. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

SATURDAY:

Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Highs 80 to 88. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

SATURDAY NIGHT:

Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Lows 66 to 78. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

SUNDAY:

Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Highs 80 to 87. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

SUNDAY NIGHT:

Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Lows 66 to 77. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

MONDAY:

Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Highs 80 to 88. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

MONDAY NIGHT:

Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Lows 66 to 76. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

TUESDAY:

Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Highs 80 to 88. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

TUESDAY NIGHT:

Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Lows 66 to 76. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

WEDNESDAY:

Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Highs 80 to 89. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT:

THURSDAY:

Honolulu, HI
Level Contributor
505 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oh No!!! The weather reports!!!

Aloha Godzuki~

It is a little too early for an accurate forecast, but even with that said I think your chances are better of having good weather than a wash out this time of year. If it does rain, it it likely to be a few showers here and there, nothing that will ruin your trip.

I'm not sure which weather reports you are checking, but I would try hawaiiweathertoday.com, and NOAA for more precise weather info.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
561 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oh No!!! The weather reports!!!

Not being from Hawaii, I can't speak for what the weather is usually like. But I know that when we were there, the rain that they got is not what we usually have here at home (which I suspect is similar to what you get in England). The rain was quite light and because it was so warm it didn't wreck anything. In fact it was nice to cool off a bit. I can't see it raining 100% of the whole time you are there. I remember we had one downpour, but even that didn't last for very long and again, remember it was still nice and warm. We were able to be on the beach every single day for the 2 weeklong visits that we had over the last couple of years.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oh No!!! The weather reports!!!

Be careful talkin about the weather here KM may come along and rip you a new one.

Lancaster, Ohio
Level Contributor
455 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Oh No!!! The weather reports!!!

My first ever trip to Oahu was this past November. I followed the weather forecast leading up to my trip and it predicted nothing but rain the entire time I was suppose to be there. There was only one little shower and it was at night. The rest of the time was beautiful and sunny. Hopefully it won't rain on your vacation, or at least, not for very long. A nice little rain shower feels good when the temps are warm. Have fun and enjoy your trip.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
711 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oh No!!! The weather reports!!!

Too much worry over nothing!

Relax, and just bring an umbrella. I really don't think you'll even need it.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Oh No!!! The weather reports!!!

The way I see it, arainy say on vacation in Hawaii is better than a sunny day at work in Pennsylvania or England or anywhere else. Relax and enjoy your trip. Aloha!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oh No!!! The weather reports!!!

Horton:

I used to think that too..until my trip this past March...14 days of holiday..2 days of sun. The rest of the time was dismal, rainy and cold..if you can believe that!!..We even had the heater on in our rental car :(( . In defence of the islands however, this rain front was very unusual..plus March tends to be a little wet anyways... you will be fine Godzuki.

We have been to the islands 25+ times and with the exception in March, have experienced very little bad weather at all...mostly warm sunny skies with refreshing mini showers every now and again...

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Oh No!!! The weather reports!!!

"Hulajake" (cute moniker) crayoned:

>>Be careful talkin about the weather here KM may come along and rip you a new one.<<

LOL. Nope. The weather has a mind of its own, unlike some of the posters here.

Best thing? I get to live here, and you go on home....;-D

Austin
Level Contributor
532 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oh No!!! The weather reports!!!

According to hawaiiweathertoday.com, as mentioned earlier in this thread, it does look like the chances for rain are much higher starting next Thursday Aug. 24th...going through to Sunday. That's pretty much right on for my trip. I arrive on the 24th and will be on Oahu through to the following Monday. So...am I to be concerned because this is a more accurate sight or does it still hold that the rain chances are still way up in the air? For what it's worth, it seems like the North Shore has the best odds of being dry given the forecast of rain being only at 30% there. Hmm. Good thing is...I remember the rain on Oahu from when I was 5 years old...probably a rival for the single most beautiful thing I can remember from that time...or any other for that matter.

Kevin