We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat

Ontario, California
4 posts
Save Topic
Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat

I have a trip planned for March 2015 and am flying on Hawaiian Airlines for the first time. Has anyone upgraded to the Extra Comfort Seats? We are trying to decide if it is worth $60 per person per flight for 5 inches of extra room. Please give me your opinion.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat

Not from California but on our last trip in April we did the comfort seats Oahu - Sydney.

On our flight you were in a little section between business and economy. There was seating config of 2-4-2 and only three or four rows. I really liked it. For our family of 5 we chose the whole back row and then a window seat on the right side. Luckily the aisle west was empty so my husband got to stretch out across the two. His only issue was the light coming in from the galley section right behind. This wasn't a concern in the middle rows.

We are returning in Sept and have booked the same seats for our return. I was looking at the front row which would be even better for the extra leg room but I prefer having my carry on under my feet (three kids under 8!) And this isn't possible on those front seats.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat

Ontario, welcome to TripAdvisor1

What airport are you flying out of? LAX? San Diego? I'd like to see the layout of the plane.

Edited: 26 July 2014, 23:11
Ontario, California
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat

We are flying out of LAX. The plane is an Airbus 330 Jet. We've never been on this type of plane. It is a 5 hour and 50 minute flight. Not a real long time so I am not sure if 5 inches of leg room is really worth it. It's our anniversary and my hubby says go ahead but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I already splurged on rooms at the Turtle Bay Resort for 3 nights.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat

I wouldn't buy that upgrade. We generally reserved a couple seats by the window/side. I, being short, took the window seat ... and DH, being tall ... had the aisle. Kind of the best of both worlds.

Hawaiian Airlines is very nice. I think you will enjoy the flight.

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,609 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat

We fly Hawaiian from Seattle, regular coach. I don't think the extra space is worth it from the West Coast.

Edited: 27 July 2014, 00:41
Canada
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat

I feel the $60 is a small price to pay for the added room....totally worth it.

Hawaiian Airlines A330 wide body equipment servicing these routes is a terrific way to go....we fly this route often.

As others have mentioned...these seats are in a separate cabin between the "J" cabin , and those in straight up "Y....roomier...quieter, and quite comfortable.

Try for a bulkhead seat here, as the overhead storage is quite generous, and not having a seat recline into your lap is a huge plus...vs standing up to access your stuff on occasion.

Definitely a nice treat for your Anniversary!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat

We have booked similar seats for our flights to and from Sydney in November - we got great prices with Hawaiian to start with ($1200 return also via Maui) + $100 each leg for the extra comfort seat and I'm hoping the extra comfort seats will vastly improve the 10 hour flight.I'm actually looking forward to it!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat

We booked this section before the configuration of the Comfort Seating, and as hqsmumma said, there is a great deal of light (at least on the window seats side) coming from the galley. There is also a lot of noise to go along with that, as well as constant activity from the lavatory. It was near impossible for me to sleep and I sleep like a champ. If I were paying extra for comfort seating I would try to get the front aisle of that section, or choose the exit row in the other section for at least the return trip (or whichever is overnight).

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,697 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat

I just paid for the same on united from las Vegas to Houston and I totally think its worth it.

10. Re: Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 06:15