We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimsuits in September

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
797 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Swimsuits in September

We will be arriving in Waikiki on 8th Sept this year and would like to buy a one piece swimsuit as it will just be the first month of spring here in Oz and not much is out then for summer. Will I be able to buy a couple of swimsuits early in Sept? Thanks, Karen

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,962 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimsuits in September

Absolutely! You can head to Ala Moana Mall or even the Wal Mart!

Just remember that the prices you see do not include the taxes. Not like at home at all.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
16,580 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimsuits in September

Here on the mainland, we are slaves to the east coast fashion, and it drive me batty! Why would I wear wool in southern CA? Macy's doesn't care, they sell the same stuff all over the USA regardless of specific seasons. So we love shopping on Oahu because it's always summer there! You can find sundresses, bathing suits, everything for summer year round.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,824 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimsuits in September

No problem.

<<Macy's doesn't care, they sell the same stuff all over the USA regardless of specific seasons.>> While that may be true of California (I experience the same) - it is NOT true of the Macy's in Hawaii. They have Island wear/summer stuff in special sections all year round. Local designers, some Hawaiian-made, wonderful labels. The best selection of Hawaiian shirts ever is year-round at Macy's in the Ala Moana Center.

tripadvisor.com/…60268838

Here's a similar post from yesterday.

Edited: 05 August 2014, 17:45
4. Re: Swimsuits in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 06:16