We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in February?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
112 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in February?

I'm going to Honolulu the week of February 18th for 6 days. I was told that was the 'rainy' season after booking the trip. True?

Any thoughts on this are truly appreciated!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in February?

Have been visiting Hawaii, more often than not in February, for 20+ years.

In fear of the dreaded JINX, am not about to brag about the weather, but will supply a hint: don't forget your suntan lotion.

If you're into do-it-yourself forecasting, and need a prop,try the Western Regional Climate Center for historical averages and click on 9 &/or 8. No guarantees, but think you'll like what you see (average daily precip in Feb less than 1/10").

wrcc.dri.edu/summary/maphi.html

Understand that if we get rained out next visit, EagleRockers (cool handle) is getting the blame!

kama

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,075 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in February?

Here is another good link, this to the National Weather Service site with more data for you to review.

www.nws.noaa.gov/climate/index.php?wfo=hnl

I agree, don't forget your suntan lotion.

3. Re: Weather in February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 07:18