We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Silverwood some questions answered...

montana
Level Contributor
207 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from Silverwood some questions answered...

My family just returned from two fabulous days at Silverwood. We are from Montana so amusement parks are few and far between. I was thoroughly impressed with everything about Silverwood. I bought the tickets in Missoula, Montana at Costco at a discount and without tax. I bought enough for two days, knowing if I didn't use the two days I could take one days tickets back for a refund. But we needed the two days to enjoy everything! Really, I'd suggest two days. We went to the waterpark from 11:00 to about 3 or 4:00, then hit the amusement park. We went to the magic show and the ice show which were both very entertaining, short and to the point. Don't miss them! The rides were wonderful! My five year old was over 42 inches but under 48 so she could go on most everything as long as the parents went too. I'd recommend going on a weekday if you can, but we were there Friday and Saturday and even though Sat. was busy, the lines were definately bearable. I've been to Disneyland during Spring Break and had our whole experience ruined by long lines and mounds of people but this was nothing like that. In fact friday, we barely had to wait in line for most things. I see how everyone says the food, etc is so expensive but I didn't think so. We ate at the chinese place, wok in the park, at the waterpark and it was awesome, and we fed my entire family of 5 for under $20. I can barely do that at McDonalds. We had pizza the next day which was okay, not as good, but still it only cost us $23. Souvenirs weren't that spendy, my husband and got coffee mugs for only $6 a piece. He won my kids giant stuffed animals from the games. For $5 at the game, they got a giant sesame street character and a giant superhereo. We stayed in our rv at Farragut State Park which is only about 5 miles away. I highly recommend staying there if you want to camp. Electric hook up only cost $20, and we'd have spent that on gas driving back and forth to Couer d'lane or Spokane. All and all it was a great mini-vacation. I'd be happy to answer any of your questions if I can!! Have Fun!!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Silverwood some questions answered...

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, it is a big help for others planning a vacation in the area. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday. We went to Silverwood for the first time last summer and stayed in our RV at Farragut and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves as well. I really enjoyed Farragut SP, we were very impressed with the park.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
395 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Silverwood some questions answered...

We just returned from our trip to Idaho, we stayed in Couerd'alene at the Guesthouse Inn for 3 nights, we drove to Silverwood on Fri.(25th), there was some traffic but it was only about a 20 minute drive from our hotel, I also got our tickets at Costco, 30.99 here in Tacoma. I agree about the food prices, I thought they were great, much better then those here at our amusement park, Wild Waves. We spent most of our time on the amusement park side but did enjoy the water park too, we all thought that the new coaster Aftershock was great! We did see the illusionist show and enjoyed it but didn't go to any of the others.

3. Re: Just returned from Silverwood some questions answered...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 10:24
Get answers to your questions about Athol