We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any restaurants on Lake James where we can dock and eat?

Carmel, Indiana
1 post
Save Topic
Any restaurants on Lake James where we can dock and eat?

We are renting a pontoon boat on Lake James and would love to dock the boat and grab lunch someplace if there are any lakefront restaurants. We have 4 kids (10, 9, 9, and 6) so family friendly is important. Any ideas?

2 replies to this topic
Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,748 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any restaurants on Lake James where we can dock and eat?

Don't have any specific knowledge (hopefully a local will chime in), but wanted to provide what information I could based on a little research on my part.

Bottom Line: "Maybe." Generally the lake front properties appear to be residential so if there is anything, your choices are likely to be limited.

Urbanspoon (my go-to restaurant site) include a filter for waterfront dining and shows this restaurant as having waterfront dining and being at least near the lake:

urbanspoon.com/r/172/1757386/restaurant/Indi…

(it's worth noting it's also flagged as kid friendly). A look Google maps satellite view failed to show anything that was definitely the restaurant, but that could easily be because the image is "stale." There did seem to be a building (some construction?) near where the restaurant is supposed to be (and near the water), so that might be it. Might be worth giving them a call, e-mail, etc. 99% certain the Urbanspoon page has a link to the restaurant's website.

Another possibility is Potawatomi Inn at tPokagon State Park. Again, don't know any details about it, but Google maps shows the Inn being *fairly* close to the water and I would think it has a restaurant. You might check out the Park/Inn website.

Sorry I can't give a definitive answer, but wanted to make sure you got a least one response & some ideas.

Hope this helps,

hlo

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any restaurants on Lake James where we can dock and eat?

You can't dock at Mad Anthony's. They do not have a dock on the water. You can dock at the Potowami Inn. It has a really nice Sundat brunch. You can also dock at Dave Lake Shack. This place has great atmosphere and good drink prices.

Reply to: Any restaurants on Lake James where we can dock and eat?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Angola
Recent Conversations
More Angola Topics