We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

usd or euro?

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
usd or euro?

Hi guys!I'm Shawn from Singapore and will be based in algiers for this coming 2months.

Some questions before I fly over,

USD or EURO is better rate there?

Places to hang out during day and night?

Supermarket?

A must go for sightseeing?

Do update me with extra info which I need to know!really appreciate it!Thanks!

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: usd or euro?

Euro exchange rate better than USD? Many sights to visit like the Roman ruins in Tipaza, west of Algiers. You can also visit the beautiful gardens of 'Le Jardin d'Essais' in Algiers. Algeria has stunning beaches untouched by tourism. Try to see the old Casbah in Algiers, an old city built by the Ottoman Empire.

Good luck and have a good time!

ALGERIA
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: usd or euro?

Hi ,

It is better if you bring Euro ,because its exchange rate is higher than USD,for hanging out you can go to Tipaza (west of Algiers) it is must to see place especially for the summer period.

If you want to go shopping the best place is the commercial center(Bab Ezzouar) near Algiers airoport.

You should know that if you will have some appointment ,you have to move earlier because the traffic is too heavy some days ...so just take precaution.

Another thing,if you want to buy from a shop ,choose the one who show the price ,because you may be cheated .

Anyway have a good trip,and enjoy your time.

Said

Delray Beach...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: usd or euro?

Can you provide me the whole visiting information of Algeria, actually the problem is that me and my group want to stay some day's in Algeria, but i don't have enough knowledge about this place.

4. Re: usd or euro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2013, 10:15