We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa question

Redlands, CA
6 posts
Save Topic
Visa question

I am an American and I will be visiting Tunisia in December and I would live to drive across the border into Algeria. Do I need a visa to do this? Or is a passport good enough?

Thanks

new york city
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa question

hi, Americans need Visas to get into Algeria, no matter which way they enter the country.

If you go the Algerian Embassy website, the application information is there, aswwell as the form. I just got my visa it took less than 2 weeks.

Sounds like fun!

Redlands, CA
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa question

Chickpea3--Was it fairly easy to get your Visa? Is all you need is a Visa and a Passport to get into Algeria? Any immunizations or anything else I should know about? Have fun in Algiers - I hear it is beautiful!

new york city
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa question

Hi

I don't know if you are staying in a hotel, going for biz, or visiting people, but, if you are visiting people, you need "a letter of request", if staying in a hotel you need the itinerary with your hotel information. Then do the visa application in duplicate, get visa photos taken, and a $100. money order. And send your passport. all this goes to Algerian Embassy. The applicaton is straight forward. name, bdate, etc..

No, I was not told of any shots I needed. I was curious about malaria -- but it was not mentioned by anyone. It's not on embassy information nor our Us Department o State website. So, I dont think so.

Oh, when I got my visa shots taken, they said I had to show my ear and couldn't smile--at the photo place. I have no idea if this is true. So, if you have long hair, you might have to put it back. Once again-they maybe wrong.

Best luck,

4. Re: Visa question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 00:18