We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free SIM card at Casablanca airport?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
Free SIM card at Casablanca airport?

I have heard that you can get a free SIM card at Casablanca airport if you arrive with a foreign passport. Is that true?

5 replies to this topic
England, United...
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Free SIM card at Casablanca airport?

I'd guess so. Inwi reps are usually at Marrakech airport giving out SIM cards. You still have to top them up to make use of them.

I avoid Inwi as I get a weak data signal where I need it most. Maroc Telecom (IAM) offers the best. Not sure about Casablanca though.

This link may help you choose if it's mainly data you are after. prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Morocco

Kenitra, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Free SIM card at Casablanca airport?

I've not seen it but heard of it.

I recently came through Casablanca airport last week and needed a sim for my friend.

The maroc shop has it. 30 dh. Just the sim card alone.

It came included free with 1gb of internet. 1 hour of calls in morocco, 50dh of included credit for additional calls in or out of Morocco and messages.

This should be enough to get you started.

Adding more credit is available everywhere in small shops.

Pour vous souhaiter la bienvenue, Maroc Telecom vous offre 1 heure, 1 Go d’internet valables 7 jours et 1 mois du Pass MT-Talk en plus de 50 DH de communication vers toutes les destinations nationales et internationales valables 6 mois.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
3. Re: Free SIM card at Casablanca airport?

Thanks for the info.

I guess I will spend 30 dh to get a SIM at maroc shop - looks like a good deal!

Washington DC
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Free SIM card at Casablanca airport?

Hi there. i wanted to see if you were able to get this SIM at the Casablanca airport. I'm going there on Thursday and wanted to make sure I could purchase one when I land. Do they accept credit cards at this store? Thank you so much!

North Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: Free SIM card at Casablanca airport?

I've been using an Inwi Sim card in my smartphone over the past few years and it worked just fine in Casablanca, although I did not have to use the credit so much because many hotels and street cafes and restaurants now offer free Wifi ( pronounced on the street as "weefee").....obviously you will have to be staying in a hotel or buying a drink in a bar or cafe to qualify for this desirable freebee, otherwise they will not give you the connection code.

Last year, when I sat down in a small cafe in Casablanca Medina, the owner, when he spotted me fiddling around with my smartphone immediately offered me the code as a customer service, which I politely had to decline as I was already on a 5 bar signal on the Inwi network.

Reply to: Free SIM card at Casablanca airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted